Engine for sale out of 80 vanagon with lots of extras!

All Vanagon Parts

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

weswsimpson
I'm New!

Engine for sale out of 80 vanagon with lots of extras!

Post by weswsimpson » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:36 pm

Okay Folks,

I'm selling my 80 air-cooled Vanagon engine. It was rebuilt by the previous owner so has low miles on it... But we can't get it to run right--neither could Colin--he stopped by last summer in Rochester Michigan and is familiar with it if you have any questions.

We ended-up swapping out the fuel injection for a single carb set-up. It made no difference. Runs the same as it did before. It sounds good and runs fine except it doesn't have any power. Our best guess is a worn cam??? Maybe it's something simple? Maybe you'll get it working and get a great deal? Or, maybe you need to replace the cam?

Anyways... I'm selling it for the what I have into it which is basically a New Rocky mountain westy exhaust system and a New Single carb setup. You get all the Fuel injection stuff (which apparently worked just fine!), plus some extra engine stuff like a spare ECU, cooling flap, new thermostat, low-pressure fuel pump and regulator, high pressure fuel pump, all the sheet metal, new lifters, solid lifters... the list goes on and on.... you could part this stuff out and sell it for twice as much!

If you want a spare engine to rebuild, or want to switch to a carbureted one, or want lots of extra parts... or just want to figure-out what I couldn't... this engine is for you!

My loss, your gain. $1,500 OBO. Free local pickup in Tucson, or I will help you ship it. I can send you videos of it running and more photos. 630-402-7229, weswsimpson@yahoo.com

I'm posting it here first, but if I don't get a response soon, it's going up on E-bay.

Wes Simpson
Attachments
IMG_20180403_144358720.jpg
IMG_20180403_144358720.jpg (93.16 KiB) Viewed 18974 times
IMG_20180403_144413988.jpg
IMG_20180403_144413988.jpg (91.6 KiB) Viewed 18974 times

cegammel
Addicted!

Re: Engine for sale out of 80 vanagon with lots of extras!

Post by cegammel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Evil temptress.

weswsimpson
I'm New!

Post by weswsimpson » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:18 pm

Please, someone buy this... I need the floor space in my garage. Someone must want a new exhaust, a spare engine, and and all the goodies that are on this and all the perfectly good fuel injection stuff that came off it. I'll throw in a day or two of free lodging in a furnished studio apartment in Tucson. Make a vacation of it, explore the southwest... bring your sweetheart or your wife... or a buddy and your golf clubs!

weswsimpson
I'm New!

Post by weswsimpson » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:06 pm

What if i throw in another complete "formerly running when parked" (or so I'm told) '80 air-cooled engine....? Does that make it worthwhile for someone to make the effort? That's two for the price of one!

cegammel
Addicted!

Post by cegammel » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:02 pm

Egads...I want it so bad.

Acmetshirts
I'm New!

Post by Acmetshirts » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:25 pm

I'm assuming that you have sold the engine, correct?addres

ktk833
I'm New!

Post by ktk833 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:12 am

Hi.
Are the engines still available?