WTB - Crankcase breather box

Sell all your Type IV Engine parts here.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic, bretski

THall
Getting Hooked!

WTB - Crankcase breather box

Post by THall » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:14 am

In need of a breather box with functional valve for my FI engine.

Thank you,

-Tim
'78 Westy 2.0 FI

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Re: WTB - Crankcase breather box

Post by airkooledchris » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:39 am

I may have a few working spares in the garage, I just need to go digging to see if I can find them. I want to hang onto at least one spare for myself, but if I have another I could let that go.
1979 California Transporter

THall
Getting Hooked!

Post by THall » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:26 am

airkooledchris wrote:I may have a few working spares in the garage, I just need to go digging to see if I can find them. I want to hang onto at least one spare for myself, but if I have another I could let that go.
That would be great if you have one to spare.

I'm unsure why, but when I received my rebuilt engine the original breather box was replaced with the one below. Perhaps due to the fact that the engine was dual carbs at the time? I believe it behaves as it should...i.e. I cannot blow into it, but when sucking I can draw air and feel the valve. However, it's a different style and the hookup is a smaller diameter than the original. I'm switching back to F.I. and would prefer the box style that was originally installed.....and I'm not sure if this one would be ok to use?

'78 Westy 2.0 FI

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:13 pm

I checked around but no luck so far. If I do come across one ill reply back again, sorry.

Can you check with your rebuilder to see if they can trade you back for your original, since you're going back to FI?
1979 California Transporter