912E sale at tax auction

All Porsche 911's, 912's & 914's.

Moderators: Amskeptic, Sluggo

Post Reply
User avatar
SlowLane
IAC Addict!
Location: Livermore, CA
Status: Offline

912E sale at tax auction

Post by SlowLane » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:56 pm

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2877731943.html

Kinda wish I hadn't gone browsing Craigslist tonight. Now I won't be able to get this one out of my mind...
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 912E sale at tax auction

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:55 pm

SlowLane wrote:http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2877731943.html

Kinda wish I hadn't gone browsing Craigslist tonight. Now I won't be able to get this one out of my mind...
No kidding, that is gorgeous. With a Type 4 engine to boot.
Colin
2019 Annual Funding Drive!
https://itinerant-air-cooled.com/viewto ... 41&t=13755

BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,145 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,812 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,655 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 76,560 miles

User avatar
SlowLane
IAC Addict!
Location: Livermore, CA
Status: Offline

Re: 912E sale at tax auction

Post by SlowLane » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Yep, but it's a '76 model in California, which means that it has to have all of the original smog equipment in place (ie. air injection pump, plumbing and thermal reactors included). It's hard to imagine being in a more exclusive club than a 912E owner trying to keep it original.

Might be worth it for someone in a less, um, particular, state.
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 912E sale at tax auction

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:04 am

SlowLane wrote:Yep, but it's a '76 model in California, which means that it has to have all of the original smog equipment in place (ie. air injection pump, plumbing and thermal reactors included). It's hard to imagine being in a more exclusive club than a 912E owner trying to keep it original.

Might be worth it for someone in a less, um, particular, state.
Not a problem. I got the air pump and gulp valve from the Road Warrior circa January 1979.
Colin
2019 Annual Funding Drive!
https://itinerant-air-cooled.com/viewto ... 41&t=13755

BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,145 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,812 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,655 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 76,560 miles

User avatar
SlowLane
IAC Addict!
Location: Livermore, CA
Status: Offline

Re: 912E sale at tax auction

Post by SlowLane » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Amskeptic wrote:Not a problem. I got the air pump and gulp valve from the Road Warrior circa January 1979.
Colin
Shall I submit a bid for you then? :thumbleft:

Actually, if I were truly that willing to risk divorce, I would spring for this one: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2872847279.html :bounce:
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett

Lanval
IAC Addict!
Status: Offline

Re: 912E sale at tax auction

Post by Lanval » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:01 pm

SlowLane wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:Not a problem. I got the air pump and gulp valve from the Road Warrior circa January 1979.
Colin
Shall I submit a bid for you then? :thumbleft:

Actually, if I were truly that willing to risk divorce, I would spring for this one: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2872847279.html :bounce:
Or possibly this?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/2881885792.html No smoggy smoggy!

Michael L

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 912E sale at tax auction

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:17 am

SlowLane wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:Not a problem. I got the air pump and gulp valve from the Road Warrior circa January 1979.
Colin
Shall I submit a bid for you then? :thumbleft:

Actually, if I were truly that willing to risk divorce, I would spring for this one: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2872847279.html :bounce:
Let's do a group buy. Everybody gets to pitch in 1/50th of the sale price and keep the car for a week every year. . . :king:
2019 Annual Funding Drive!
https://itinerant-air-cooled.com/viewto ... 41&t=13755

BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,145 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,812 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,655 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 76,560 miles

Post Reply