Itinerant Air-Cooled Idle Bus Theory

How-To Home Care of your classic air-cooled Volkswagen
at your own house, 17 years now!...

Moderators: Amskeptic, Sluggo

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Idle Bus Theory

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:25 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

weisswurst wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:16 am
I will be putting it in the tool box drawer to await your return to Homosassa Springs!
(are you here yet??) :flower:
-Jeff

Give me a heads-up and I will crash the party when they take it out of your tool drawer ...
ColinUpDaRoadAways
2019 Annual Funding Drive!
**********************************
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=13755

BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,155 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,820 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 97,179 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 77,717 miles

Jivermo
IAC Addict!
Status: Offline

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Idle Bus Theory

Post by Jivermo » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:30 pm

Speaking of...I believe I dropped my Swiss Army knife in the pen whilst the baby goats were being born. Or, in the covered parking by the Willy’s Overland knockoff. Please look.

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Idle Bus Theory

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:24 am

Jivermo wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:30 pm
Speaking of...I believe I dropped my Swiss Army knife in the pen whilst the baby goats were being born. Or, in the covered parking by the Willy’s Overland knockoff. Please look.
I believe I left my:

small white handled flat bladed screwdriver
long orange/black handled phillips screwdriver
small clear/red handled phillips screwdriver

either in Homosassa or Miami. Sheesh.
Colin :shaking2:
2019 Annual Funding Drive!
**********************************
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=13755

BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,155 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,820 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 97,179 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 77,717 miles

Jivermo
IAC Addict!
Status: Offline

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Idle Bus Theory

Post by Jivermo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:47 pm

I’ll check the barn out, but it will be awhile.

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Idle Bus Theory

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:54 pm

Jivermo wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:47 pm
I’ll check the barn out, but it will be awhile.
Well, I knew that, so I am getting new ones that will be decorated with a lot of metallic red fingernail polish.
Enjoy the west.
Colin
2019 Annual Funding Drive!
**********************************
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=13755

BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,155 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,820 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 97,179 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 77,717 miles

User avatar
weisswurst
Addicted!
Location: NW Florida
Status: Offline

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Idle Bus Theory

Post by weisswurst » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:06 am

Jivermo wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:30 pm
Speaking of...I believe I dropped my Swiss Army knife in the pen whilst the baby goats were being born. Or, in the covered parking by the Willy’s Overland knockoff. Please look.
I am in Pensacola presently but will look for the knife when I return and tidy up for Liam’s 10 year old birthday exrtravaganza this weekend!
Is it a red one? (Hoping so cause it would be easier to spot!!)
Jeff
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

User avatar
Kit Whistler
I'm New!
Status: Offline

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Idle Bus Theory

Post by Kit Whistler » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:17 am

asiab3 wrote:darn Tootin'… I once left my ratcheting 10mm wrench on a late bus' distributor timing clamp. A year later I bought the bus just to get the wrench back.
Robbie
Haha. That’s commitment, Robbie. Don’t know if I’m that entrenched in sentimentality towards my tools. Maybe I’ll get there someday, but for the moment, so many things seem to fall under the “easy come, easy go” category. ;)
-kit

User avatar
Kit Whistler
I'm New!
Status: Offline

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Idle Bus Theory

Post by Kit Whistler » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:26 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:25 pm
weisswurst wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:16 am
I will be putting it in the tool box drawer to await your return to Homosassa Springs!
(are you here yet??) :flower:
-Jeff

Give me a heads-up and I will crash the party when they take it out of your tool drawer ...
ColinUpDaRoadAways
We’ll bring a running bus next time. ;)
PS Jeff—we’ve come to lovingly refer to your slice of paradise as “Jeff and Megan’s Cult Compound.” You know, since you and Megan became the cult leaders to all traveling “Pretentious Millenials Living in Vans” and all. Do me a favor and tell her we’re getting our Medicine Show together. We’ll hold our first sales event back by the chicken coop, if you’ll let us. ;)
💛-kit

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Idle Bus Theory

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:08 am

Kit Whistler wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:26 am
You know, since you and Megan became the cult leaders to all traveling “Pretentious Millenials Living in Vans” and all. Do me a favor and tell her we’re getting our Medicine Show together. We’ll hold our first sales event back by the chicken coop, if you’ll let us. ;)
💛-kit
I'll do the poster, if you let me ...
BoomerOldGoatColin :blackeye:
2019 Annual Funding Drive!
**********************************
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=13755

BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,155 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,820 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 97,179 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 77,717 miles

User avatar
Kit Whistler
I'm New!
Status: Offline

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Idle Bus Theory

Post by Kit Whistler » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:41 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:08 am
Kit Whistler wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:26 am
You know, since you and Megan became the cult leaders to all traveling “Pretentious Millenials Living in Vans” and all. Do me a favor and tell her we’re getting our Medicine Show together. We’ll hold our first sales event back by the chicken coop, if you’ll let us. ;)
💛-kit
I'll do the poster, if you let me ...
BoomerOldGoatColin :blackeye:
Would you, Colin? We’ll paste em all around America. This time we’re going for a “far out” feel. I think we, the pretentious millennials, are saying “extra” these days. By the way, you know you’re an annex Cult Leader at Jeff and Megan’s, right? We just need to get you some crystals and you’re set. 🔮

User avatar
weisswurst
Addicted!
Location: NW Florida
Status: Offline

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Idle Bus Theory

Post by weisswurst » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:05 am

Kit Whistler wrote: We’ll bring a running bus next time. ;)
PS Jeff—we’ve come to lovingly refer to your slice of paradise as “Jeff and Megan’s Cult Compound.” You know, since you and Megan became the cult leaders to all traveling “Pretentious Millenials Living in Vans” and all. Do me a favor and tell her we’re getting our Medicine Show together. We’ll hold our first sales event back by the chicken coop, if you’ll let us. ;)
💛-kit

I relayed the message to Megs and she laughed out loud and said "we need to start saving small bottles for the tonic to sell" =D>
She also said most sales meetings happen near the animal pens anyway!
Looking forward to you coming back with a running bus and we love the name you have bestowed on us! :flower:

we are currently under review for Colin's 2019-2020 winter stayover (the other house as he likes solitude) and hopefully passed my first interview a week or so ago when I visited him in Pensacola.

-Jeff
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Idle Bus Theory

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:13 am

weisswurst wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:05 am
we love the name you have bestowed on us! :flower:
Oh for Fuch's Sake, after all of my effort ...

February 12, 2015 ... Vanagon Diesel Extravaganza at weisswurst's Floridian German hillbilly compound
December 17, 2015 ... Weisswurst German Hill Billy Guinea Hen and Pig Farm Vanagon Diesel Emporeum
December 23, 2015 ... Weisswurst Volkswagen Petting Zoo and Animal Showroom
December 29, 2015 ... the German Hillbilly Goat n Nanny Rodeo
January 5, 2019 ... Weisswurst Diesel Pig Diorama
January 13, 2016 ... Weisswurst Wattle Wonderland
January 20, 2016 ... Weisswurst Waddle Worry
March 14, 2016 ... Weisswurst Farm & Implement Repair
October 28, 2016 ... Globespotter Appointment Hosting Homosassas Hen House
February 23, 2018 ... Weisswurst Billygoat Bigrooster Biggerpig SameAsEverChicken Ranch

"... I am embarrassed and grateful at how accommodating the Florida Flapping Fowl Farm has been"

Image
2019 Annual Funding Drive!
**********************************
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=13755

BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,155 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,820 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 97,179 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 77,717 miles

User avatar
weisswurst
Addicted!
Location: NW Florida
Status: Offline

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Idle Bus Theory

Post by weisswurst » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:28 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:13 am
weisswurst wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:05 am
we love the name you have bestowed on us! :flower:
Oh for Fuch's Sake, after all of my effort ...

February 12, 2015 ... Vanagon Diesel Extravaganza at weisswurst's Floridian German hillbilly compound
December 17, 2015 ... Weisswurst German Hill Billy Guinea Hen and Pig Farm Vanagon Diesel Emporeum
December 23, 2015 ... Weisswurst Volkswagen Petting Zoo and Animal Showroom
December 29, 2015 ... the German Hillbilly Goat n Nanny Rodeo
January 5, 2019 ... Weisswurst Diesel Pig Diorama
January 13, 2016 ... Weisswurst Wattle Wonderland
January 20, 2016 ... Weisswurst Waddle Worry
March 14, 2016 ... Weisswurst Farm & Implement Repair
October 28, 2016 ... Globespotter Appointment Hosting Homosassas Hen House
February 23, 2018 ... Weisswurst Billygoat Bigrooster Biggerpig SameAsEverChicken Ranch


Ha! :cyclopsani: I really had a feeling you would "chime in" and write something similar to that! I remember all those names fondly but Kit really nailed it with the Cult compound comment, especially the bit about you being a Cult leader here too... (she's got a gift, what can I say?)
miss those turkeys too :profileright:
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

Post Reply