2017 Results Just In!

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Re: 2017 Results Just In!

Post by BellePlaine » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:52 am

Hey all, sorry I've been afk this past year. I dislocated my shoulder in a long boarding spill back in May and I guess in addition to it being difficult to work on my bus, I lost some interest working on it in general. In fact, I didn't lift a finger to the dang thing other than valves and oil change. Almost 3,000 trouble free miles, a first! I'll be back in 2018 to address the spot of rust I know is under the windshield. And I hope you'll be there to assist me, Colin.

Anyway, have you heard of Patreon? I support some YouTubers through it and I'm sure it would be easy to set up for a weekly blog, video, forum, or whathaveyou. $10 bucks comes out of my Autopay bank account each month. Perhaps convert this forum into a blog and post to a larger audience on TS, FB, Twitter, etc.

https://www.patreon.com

I hope everyone is doing well. I think of you all often.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:59 am

Colin, I'm hoping you read this in better health, because I'm serious:

Which of these digital ideas will you absolutely NOT entertain? Because there are some excellent ideas here for income. For making quality life experiences through a common bond? Not so much. I see that.

I will need to know your rejects, as I will absolutely build the requisite Vintage VW troubleshooting Millennial Community of the Future for any electronic markets unserved. But if you plan on doing a video series, I will wait with baited breath.

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:52 am

zabo wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:43 am
tommu wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:11 pm
Downside of course is a) learning how to film yourself doing this and b) working out how to stream live and on demand whilst protecting that content from piracy. I'm sure there are people who would volunteer to help especially here in LA.
Ha -if you are interested in something like this colin let me know and I can pitch it at work. Then you would be getting paid by a mega corporation instead of burdening your users. Currently we stream live shows everyday 10a-11p et. We also archive the last 5 episodes.
example: http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams - daily schedule is below the player.

and for those interested-at the begining of this show you can watch me examine some fresh roadkill :flower:
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams ... -28th-2017

Nice to know someone else here is in the streaming business. I work at www.streamguys.com these days. We manage content for WNYC, WBUR, Cox media group, MiLB, NFL, churches and a whole slew of others. Video and Audio both. You could do a paid subscription service where to access the video content you need a paid subscription. We send over the code needed for the PayPal 'buy' buttons to embed onto your page and that allows users to sign up and gain access to the sub system.

It's not a bad idea. I imagine that a video session during any number of visits along the way during a single year could capture a freakin gold mine of useful tips, suggestions, tutorials and even a little tomfoolery. All of which would be extremely enjoyable to take in and I would happily pay for access to. Just find a good videographer to tail along on one summer tour, collect data and then put together for mass consumption.
1979 California Transporter

tommu
Old School!

Post by tommu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:17 pm

Another idea that crossed my mind was an Itinerant tour. Sign up to take your Bus on tour with Colin for a week. I can imagine some entertaining footage from that..

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 am

zabo wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:43 am

and for those interested-at the begining of this show you can watch me examine some fresh roadkill :flower:
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams ... -28th-2017

Did I miss much? It has fallen off the archive since I am more than five days later.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:49 am

naw -nothing much - just me looking at a dead raccoon.
60 beetle
78 bus