Non-Itinerant Greetings From Virginia

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

wcfvw69
Old School!

Re: Non-Itinerant Greetings From Virginia

Post by wcfvw69 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:34 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Jivermo wrote:I'm here at the lake in Starlight, Pa., and it's been 12 days of rain and cold, and one decent day where I went out and got maimed by the dreaded blackflies! Trying to paint a canoe, and it's been impossible to begin! So I been drawing-see Chat.
It is no fair. We gentlemen require acceptable weather.
Well? Where is the acceptable weather? I shall lodge a Complaint.
Colin
Pppffftt.... I trade either of you for YOUR current weather. It was 103 with clear, sunny skies (again) yesterday in Phoenix. I'm all ready over this heat..

I miss rain...
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun May 15, 2016 6:50 am

wcfvw69 wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
Jivermo wrote:I'm here at the lake in Starlight, Pa., and it's been 12 days of rain and cold, and one decent day where I went out and got maimed by the dreaded blackflies! Trying to paint a canoe, and it's been impossible to begin! So I been drawing-see Chat.
Colin
Pppffftt.... I trade either of you for YOUR current weather. It was 103 with clear, sunny skies (again) yesterday in Phoenix. I'm all ready over this heat..

I miss rain...
Damn you, sir, damn you. A pox on your Volkswagens. May they all rust into barnacles, may they fill with all odd sorts of molds and mildews, may you feel the cold clammy drip of water trickling down your neck while your soggy socks squish in your soggy sneakers as your toes peel, may your gutter drill a hole under the driveway splatting mud, may you smell the stench of organic damp decay, may you despair of your fresh hopeful recent paint job destroyed by rivulets of rainwater, may you curse the claustrophobia of being cooped up shivering in a dank little Westy box as the thunder rolls yet more and the rain drops disdainfully drum on the flimsy fiberglass "roof" under which you have all the time in the world to consider your moisture-laden soggy lot in life.
Miss rain &@^!%"miss"@$#(!#&#$?@^%$#!(*wtf#%&@&#@(*&@gottabe#^$#in&#@^@KIDDIN%^!!!*ME!
Colin :blackeye:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Sun May 15, 2016 7:05 am

Amskeptic wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
Colin

I miss rain...
Damn you, sir, damn you. A pox on your Volkswagens. May they all rust into barnacles, may they fill with all odd sorts of molds and mildews, may you feel the cold clammy drip of water trickling down your neck while your soggy socks squish in your soggy sneakers as your toes peel, may your gutter drill a hole under the driveway splatting mud, may you smell the stench of organic damp decay, may you despair of your fresh hopeful recent paint job destroyed by rivulets of rainwater, may you curse the claustrophobia of being cooped up shivering in a dank little Westy box as the thunder rolls yet more and the rain drops disdainfully drum on the flimsy fiberglass "roof" under which you have all the time in the world to consider your moisture-laden soggy lot in life.
Miss rain &@^!%"miss"@$#(!#&#$?@^%$#!(*wtf#%&@&#@(*&@gottabe#^$#in&#@^@KIDDIN%^!!!*ME!
That canvas must be getting funky with no chance to dry out. I recommend Sunbrella fabric when the time comes.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Sun May 15, 2016 8:35 am

Amskeptic wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
Colin

I miss rain...
LMAO!

In my "defense".. It "may" have rained in Phoenix 1-3 times so far this year! I just looked up what my town has received in rain. Right about 2", year to date. So, like the folks living in dreary, rainy weather the vast majority of the time can covet sunshine; us with obsessive amounts of sun can miss and covet moisture as well..

It reminds me of this Sam Kinison skit. Maybe I should rent a U-haul, since I live in the desert..

https://youtu.be/P0q4o58pKwA
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Sun May 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Amskeptic wrote:Damn you, sir, damn you. A pox on your Volkswagens. May they all rust into barnacles, may they fill with all odd sorts of molds and mildews, may you feel the cold clammy drip of water trickling down your neck while your soggy socks squish in your soggy sneakers as your toes peel, may your gutter drill a hole under the driveway splatting mud, may you smell the stench of organic damp decay, may you despair of your fresh hopeful recent paint job destroyed by rivulets of rainwater, may you curse the claustrophobia of being cooped up shivering in a dank little Westy box as the thunder rolls yet more and the rain drops disdainfully drum on the flimsy fiberglass "roof" under which you have all the time in the world to consider your moisture-laden soggy lot in life.
I suggest you put on 'Riders on the Storm', roll a fat one, and become one with the precipitation...
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun May 15, 2016 5:45 pm

dingo wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:Damn you, sir, damn you. A pox on your Volkswagens. May they all rust into barnacles, may they fill with all odd sorts of molds and mildews, may you feel the cold clammy drip of water trickling down your neck while your soggy socks squish in your soggy sneakers as your toes peel, may your gutter drill a hole under the driveway splatting mud, may you smell the stench of organic damp decay, may you despair of your fresh hopeful recent paint job destroyed by rivulets of rainwater, may you curse the claustrophobia of being cooped up shivering in a dank little Westy box as the thunder rolls yet more and the rain drops disdainfully drum on the flimsy fiberglass "roof" under which you have all the time in the world to consider your moisture-laden soggy lot in life.
I suggest you put on 'Riders on the Storm', roll a fat one, and become one with the precipitation...
39* forecast for tonight.

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Mon May 16, 2016 5:54 am

Starlight, Pa., a front coming down from the Catskills late yesterday, bringing snow flurries and freezing temps last night and early today. Ice on our deck this morning, and only 40 degrees, but sunny, right now-9:00am. Brrrrrr.

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Mon May 16, 2016 7:23 am

wow, that's beautiful! It was 93 and 80% humidity here... to hot for me being a PA boy from way back! :angryfire:
Jeff
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue May 17, 2016 5:34 am

weisswurst wrote:wow, that's beautiful! It was 93 and 80% humidity here... to hot for me being a PA boy from way back! :angryfire:
Jeff
Wow, that's WHAT?

That is what I am talking about. An unnatural, uncalled-for atmospheric visit from Canada, it ruins the day, it stuns the merging leaves, maims the hopeful budding blooms, it freezes up the hope, kills the intention, paralyzes the joy of scampering about in the sunshine, just look at that brittle cold threatening canvas of chilly devastation, the icy waves lashing the shore, think of the poor bunnies, the shivering birds, how cruel.
Colin45*NJ