Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings From Portland OR

Moderators: Amskeptic, Sluggo

Ich Bin Kurt
I'm New!

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings From Portland OR

Post by Ich Bin Kurt » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:23 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Amskeptic wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:Wow.. those have to be the most worn out spring plate bushings I've seen. It appears the rust/metal dust simply ate them up.. Yikes.. I bet that bus was "clunky" over bumps. What year was his bus? Did it have the notch on the spring plate to slide the metal brake line though? Mine is a July 70' and it didn't have the notches..

I hope someone in Portland helps him get the other side changed ASAP!
It is a 1969 bus that I did not get to drive before we disassembled it. It has the hole versus the slot, we had to remove the brake line complete to disassemble, thus we had to bleed brakes. I, too, hope he can find assistance. It is a good solid car that deserves good work to give it a continuing lease on life.
Colin

Indeed it was SUPER CLUNKY over bumps. They finally put speed bumps down my street and I get to test it out real soon. No doubt the bus isn't going anywhere until I do the drivers side(next week or so just gathering a few needed tools and possibly an extra strong arm). I can't wait for the test drive as the rear end should be so much happier now(poor thing).

Ich Bin Kurt
I'm New!

Post by Ich Bin Kurt » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:32 am

chachi wrote:oh fun, kurt lives just around the corner from me. one of the few buses to make the @portlandbuses instagram twice. maybe i'll go knock on his door one of these days...
Greeting chachi I will have to check out your instagram...sounds like my cup of tea(or beer actually). Please do stop by and say hi sometime. I'd love to chat with more neighbors and VW aficionados too.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu May 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Ich Bin Kurt wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:32 am
chachi wrote:oh fun, kurt lives just around the corner from me. one of the few buses to make the @portlandbuses instagram twice. maybe i'll go knock on his door one of these days...
Greeting chachi I will have to check out your instagram...sounds like my cup of tea(or beer actually). Please do stop by and say hi sometime. I'd love to chat with more neighbors and VW aficionados too.

But did you get the spring plate bushings done?
Colin :bounce:
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,155 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,820 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 98,380 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,885 miles