IAC Greetings From New England

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

brandt
I'm New!

Re: IAC Greetings From New England

Post by brandt » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Randy,

My first bus, twenty years ago, was a 78 the same color as yours.

Nice garage! I've been thinking hard about a garage/shop for quite some time and will likely go for it in a few months. I, too, am a bit tight on space with my setbacks...

What size are your garage doors? They look like just 8' wide but quite tall.

Brandt in Bluff, UT

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:53 am

I used 8' x'8' doors as the westies like a little taller door. My doors also "park" at the top of the ceiling (using Liftmaster 3800 openers) as I want to end up with a lift on the left side if I ever get any more money.

I used log siding as I wanted it to sort of match the log house we have.

You know I had my first Navajo taco when I lived in Bluff back in 1979-80. I also got married in 1984 up at the "Blue Mountain Dude Ranch" not far from you.

PM me your e-mail address and I can send you off my garage plans. Using those SIP panels, the garage was pretty much "up" in less than a week for 2-3 guys.
79 VW Bus

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:32 am

hambone wrote:Randy nice to see a photo of you finally, don't think I ever have. "Ehhh what is in a meatbag?" - Shakespeare
I was thinking the same thing especially since Randy looks just like Brad Bellick from Prison Break. Have you done any acting Randy?

Tell us about the two Westy's? Why the switch over? Is one vastly in nicer shape than the other one???
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:29 am

*Lanval makes a note to move into the 'Garagmahall' at the first opportunity*

jackstar
Getting Hooked!

Post by jackstar » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Randy my brother,

Please let nothing Colin says or does upset you into rashing disposing of your erstwhile beautiful bus to someone that may not accept her beauty. Call me first. Next, my wife wants to come to somewhere north and cold. Any suggestions? I will provide the single malt scotch etc. Let me know if/when you are still coming this way. Talk later.

Jack

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:31 pm

jackstar wrote:Randy my brother,

Please let nothing Colin says or does upset you into rashing disposing of your erstwhile beautiful bus to someone that may not accept her beauty. Call me first.
Jack? You confuse me. Nobody I know is disposing any bus. I pointedly suggested that he end up with two running buses, one of which will need some body work . . . by someone so motivated.
Randy, for the record, is not one to rashly dispose . . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:29 am

Alas my trip at the end of the month to Florida is not to be. My father is having some medical issues in Iowa, so my planned visit there has been postponed.

Randy does few things rashly and disposing of stuff is really not one of them. (Thus the need for a big garage).

And for those asking, my acting experience has been just as a "body double" for George Clooney when he has to pretend to get hot with his lovely co-stars. Dirty work but someone has to do it.
79 VW Bus

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:57 am

Where in Florida had you been planning to go, Randy?