The 2013 Itinerary - upd Oct 19

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Re: The 2013 Itinerary - updated 02/26

Post by hippiewannabe » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:43 pm

Amskeptic wrote: What's the water temps in late May?
Let's go with "refreshing".
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

jtauxe
Addicted!

Re: The 2013 Itinerary - updated 02/09

Post by jtauxe » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
pmaggiore wrote:Colin - I'm always good for a day. August will work - hopefully before the twins go back to school so they can get their final driving lesson from Uncle Colin before getting their learners permits....yikes! Yellowbird 2 is running superbly but there is always stuff to do!! My piano could use a tune up as well.....
Alrighty Then, jtauxe and pmaggiore and whoever else we get up that big hill. Be sure to publish in the local paper that there will be an old Volkswagen trying to get up the hill on your appointed day.
I may need to do my annual generator teardown up in them thar hills . . . or perhaps a full exhaust system paint.
Colin
I just talked to the Bowers, and they are good for a day. Richard is still not retiring from the lab, and thought that August was not going to be good for him (these astrophysicists are hard to tie down), but Jan wants you to come by regardless. So, three of us at least -- me, Pete, and Jan. Still don't know about Tom or Ryan.
John
"The bus came by and I got on. That's when it all began..." - Garcia/Weir/Kreutzman
http://vw.tauxe.net

drozdenko
I'm New!

Re: The 2013 Itinerary - updated 03/12-CT

Post by drozdenko » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:12 am

From the looks of it you'll be around CT in ~late Sept, Would you entertain (2) 1/2 day appts if me & my friend were in the same location in CT?

He's a teacher so he would prefer a weekend since he would have to call in sick "cough..cough" otherwise.

Thanks.

Lee
'79 Westy 2.0L "Hiltrude"; with newly rebuilt engine (16k ago)..so nice to be reliable.
'00 Jetta TDI (new addition to the family)
'01 WE Jetta 1.8T (Sold)
'02 Passat GLS 1.8T (Sold)
'96 Jetta Trek (Sold)
'88 Gti-16V (Sold)

71whitewesty
Addicted!

Re: The 2013 Itinerary - updated 03/14

Post by 71whitewesty » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:41 pm

Been wanting to have you stop by for a couple years but it just hasn't worked yet.
How about a stop in Hood River, OR around June 24,25,26?
I could use one day. If you want to spend more than one day here I bet I could line up a friend or two. Mostly just would like a bit of help with the carburator. Seems all (3) my VW's have bit of a stall when taking off. I'm sure I have some other things too. Just a day with Colin would be awesome. All type 1.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:23 am

71whitewesty wrote:Been wanting to have you stop by for a couple years but it just hasn't worked yet.
How about a stop in Hood River, OR around June 24,25,26?
I could use one day. If you want to spend more than one day here I bet I could line up a friend or two. Mostly just would like a bit of help with the carburator. Seems all (3) my VW's have bit of a stall when taking off. I'm sure I have some other things too. Just a day with Colin would be awesome. All type 1.
It'd be a pleasure, as long as you are inland of that hideous Portland Pacific grey musty chilling mist.

Do you think my Type 1 bus can do a June 26th in Hood River and be in Eureka California the very next day?
I DON'T :blackeye:
June 14-16 8th DeschutesRiverRendezVW . . . . . . . . . . . . Maupin OR
June 18 Kubelwagen . . . . . . . . . . . . Portland OR
June Portland OR
June 22 jeanna123 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Seattle WA
June WA
June 27 D pdlrofdrms . . . . . . . . . . . . . Eureka CA * 5h-260m
June 28 D airkooledchris. . . . . . . . . . . Eureka CA

Looking at this section of the 2013 Itinerary, could you and I do Monday the 17th, since I will be coming through anyway? We could start an hour early (8AM) so I can just make it to the Lucky Lab by drinking time . . .

I will ask Kuberlwagen if he would be merciful enough to allow either an hour *later* (10AM) on Tuesday so I can recover a little, or perhaps the 19th.

WhaddyaTINK?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

71whitewesty
Addicted!

Post by 71whitewesty » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:26 pm

Thanks for the response. Of course your type 1 can make to Eureka in a day....beautiful drive down 97 should get you there in about 8 hours. :pirate:
I also looked at the 17th since I knew you were in the area. Problem is I need to be in Gold Beach, Oregon for a windsurfing contest to see if I can still show the young bucks how it's done...
On the bright side, this may be the first year I can attend the Maupin Bus gathering, they usually are at the same time. Unless you want to work something into the Maupin weekend?
Otherwise, I'm sorta stuck with the 24, 25, 26th....It never rains that time of year here either. Might be a bit windy but the sun should be shinning bright! :flower:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:52 am

71whitewesty wrote: I also looked at the 17th since I knew you were in the area. Problem is I need to be in Gold Beach, Oregon for a windsurfing contest to see if I can still show the young bucks how it's done...

Otherwise, I'm sorta stuck with the 24, 25, 26th....
19th? 20? Talkwithmetalkwithme . . .
Colin

jimbear
Getting Hooked!

Post by jimbear » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:03 am

Take me off for the RI visit, we're moving back to GA in July! Pencil me in for the 24th of August in Oconee County, GA if that is available...exact address to be determined.

Would you be open to a two day group event with the Athens VW Club and/or several of the local dubbers? Just checking.

Jimreluctantlymovingbacktogeorgiakickingadscreaming :compress:
'74 Hardtop Westy
Pretty much stock engine setup

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:24 am

jimbear wrote:Take me off for the RI visit, we're moving back to GA in July! Pencil me in for the 24th of August in Oconee County, GA if that is available...exact address to be determined.

Would you be open to a two day group event with the Athens VW Club and/or several of the local dubbers? Just checking.

Jimreluctantlymovingbacktogeorgiakickingadscreaming :compress:
Yes pencil

Maybe group event

Don't y'all fuss git yer @$$ down here boah there's work t'do.

71whitewesty
Addicted!

Post by 71whitewesty » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
71whitewesty wrote:Ok, sorry I didn't put more of my schedule up. I'm out of town from June 17th and back late on the 23rd.....
I think you are neatly and precisely, surgically in fact, excising yourself from a visit, Mister.

I am coming into Maupin something near exhausted from Boise Idaho the day proir.
What? A half day on Maupin weekend?
Colin
I know, I know, summers are a busy time of year....
I'll take whatever I can get. A half day during Maupin would be just fine. We "shouldn't" have anything too big to deal with. More of the fine tuning of it all...sure you've heard that before. :thumbleft:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:39 am

71whitewesty wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
71whitewesty wrote:Ok, sorry I didn't put more of my schedule up. I'm out of town from June 17th and back late on the 23rd.....
I think you are neatly and precisely, surgically in fact, excising yourself from a visit, Mister.

I am coming into Maupin something near exhausted from Boise Idaho the day proir.
What? A half day on Maupin weekend?
Colin
I know, I know, summers are a busy time of year....
I'll take whatever I can get. A half day during Maupin would be just fine. We "shouldn't" have anything too big to deal with. More of the fine tuning of it all...sure you've heard that before. :thumbleft:
PM me with your four and half hour List Of Concerns. Be aware that we shall be most focused in the midst of the hubbub, so plan our time before . . (!) . . the beer tasting.
Colin

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Re: The 2013 Itinerary - updated 03/20

Post by Jivermo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 am

Multifarious Itinerant itinerary schedule changes cause apprehension! Happy to see I'm still #1 position on the Grand Tour.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:02 pm

Jivermo wrote:Multifarious Itinerant itinerary schedule changes cause apprehension! Happy to see I'm still #1 position on the Grand Tour.
Oh you're safe enough, everybody has to draft behind you. You have no idea the PMs I get. I have some nice itinerary all worked out and somebody pops in "can you do me?" and the multi-faceted dominoes start to teeter in a manifold unison threatening to precariously scattershoot.
ColinDangThatGaveMeAKeyboardCramp

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Muthashabubu wrote:Hey Colin,
You have me down for October 16th. I am off Thursdays and Fridays so can we do the 17th or 18th?
Mike
Sure . . . I shall go to Cleveland and stir up trouble with vwlover77 and others.
Colin

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Re: The 2013 Itinerary - updated 03/26

Post by vwlover77 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:12 am

Most excellent!!!!!
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen