2011 Itinerary 12/15

Moderators: Amskeptic, Sluggo

Post Reply
User avatar
BellePlaine
IAC Addict!
Location: Minnesota
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by BellePlaine » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:38 am

bradgt74 wrote:Hey Colin. I'm interested in a full days visit from you this summer, as my '70 Westy deserves it. I'm 20 minutes from Chris in Belle Plaine, MN. :thumbright:
And Minnesota makes a respectable showing. Dig it!
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

User avatar
bradgt74
I'm New!
Location: Minnesota
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by bradgt74 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:38 pm

BellePlaine wrote:
bradgt74 wrote:Hey Colin. I'm interested in a full days visit from you this summer, as my '70 Westy deserves it. I'm 20 minutes from Chris in Belle Plaine, MN. :thumbright:
And Minnesota makes a respectable showing. Dig it!
I remember how late you guys worked last year. That was a respectable showing!

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:17 pm

bradgt74 wrote:
BellePlaine wrote:
bradgt74 wrote:Hey Colin. I'm interested in a full days visit from you this summer, as my '70 Westy deserves it. I'm 20 minutes from Chris in Belle Plaine, MN. :thumbright:
And Minnesota makes a respectable showing. Dig it!
I remember how late you guys worked last year. That was a respectable showing!
Dang tootin' skippy, I don't know ifn I gots that much vinegar left no more. You REMEMBER how late we worked? You REMEMBER? Or you recall being told about it at some sane daytime hour? I REMEMBER how late we worked! Remember, Chris? Remember how four little stupid dumb AFM potentiometer board screws were getting the best of us at 2:47AM? Had I yet mused on my upcoming retirement from coherence?
Rememberin'
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . . 112,660 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,845 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 112,885 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,570 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,899 miles

User avatar
tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac
Location: Uwish Uknew, Oregon
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by tristessa » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Any idea what time you'll be doing the PNW leg? I've got a Febi center pin kit and rear spring plate bushings/adjustment on the to-do list, and I find rear torsions .. intimidating. Plus I never seem to be able to get the adjustment right. :dontknow:
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:59 am

tristessa wrote:Any idea what time you'll be doing the PNW leg? I've got a Febi center pin kit and rear spring plate bushings/adjustment on the to-do list, and I find rear torsions .. intimidating. Plus I never seem to be able to get the adjustment right. :dontknow:
Well, we can leave the specifications behind and get a proper "set" with that barnacle of a water-cooled engine festooned upon the transaxle back there. You got good shocks?

Center pin bushings are rapidly becoming my forte what with how many I have had to replace.

When? When it's warm, of course.
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . . 112,660 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,845 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 112,885 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,570 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,899 miles

volks71folk
I'm New!
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by volks71folk » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:49 am

Are you coming thrue NE Ohio at all?

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:23 am

volks71folk wrote:Are you coming thrue NE Ohio at all?
It is people just like you who get me to come through northeast Ohio . . .
whatchoogot?
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . . 112,660 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,845 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 112,885 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,570 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,899 miles

volks71folk
I'm New!
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by volks71folk » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:27 pm

I have several things that need done, some of the most important things are some electrical issues. My radio and cigerate lighter only work when they want to. Cant figure it out. (maybe a ground issue/fuse box but who knows) Also a couple of other things i need some guidence on. If you were coming thrue Ohio when is best for you? Its a white 71 westy that you worked on in Canton awhile back but i am about 25 minutes more north towards Cleveland . Not sure if i could fill a whole day yet but i might be able to come up with more to do. (maybe my bug case adapter for my mustache bar, its been fixed twice but still cant get it to stop leaking) I might have some other bus owners that might need some work. let me know the time range of when you might be in Ohio. Thanks Colin

User avatar
BellePlaine
IAC Addict!
Location: Minnesota
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by BellePlaine » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:52 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Dang tootin' skippy, I don't know ifn I gots that much vinegar left no more. You REMEMBER how late we worked? You REMEMBER? Or you recall being told about it at some sane daytime hour? I REMEMBER how late we worked! Remember, Chris? Remember how four little stupid dumb AFM potentiometer board screws were getting the best of us at 2:47AM? Had I yet mused on my upcoming retirement from coherence?
Rememberin'
Colin
I remember how you WOULD NOT leave this first time customer stranded to fend for himself with a table full of fuel injection parts. I don't have the vinegar either, but I very much appreciate that we sucked it up last year. Besides, we had fun.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:07 am

BellePlaine wrote: Besides, we had fun.
Words To Live By.
Colin :cyclopsani:
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . . 112,660 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,845 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 112,885 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,570 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,899 miles

User avatar
tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac
Location: Uwish Uknew, Oregon
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by tristessa » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Amskeptic wrote:Well, we can leave the specifications behind and get a proper "set" with that barnacle of a water-cooled engine festooned upon the transaxle back there. You got good shocks?

Center pin bushings are rapidly becoming my forte what with how many I have had to replace.

When? When it's warm, of course.
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
Not sure how good the shocks are -- KYB Gas-A-Just, got them from Jasan when he put the Konis on his '78 .. gah, five years ago? Six? And while I don't drive my Bus as much as you do, I put more miles on than many people do. Engine weighs about the same as stock, maybe (maybe!) slightly less. I'll see if I can get specs for the Mexican water-cooled Bay, since it's essentially the same motor.

Sorry I didn't get back atcha sooner, the day after I posted some isht hit a fan and I wasn't sure we would have the financial ability to avail ourselves of your services .. as usual.
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:12 pm

tristessa wrote: Engine weighs about the same as stock, maybe (maybe!) slightly less. I'll see if I can get specs for the Mexican water-cooled Bay, since it's essentially the same motor.

Sorry I didn't get back atcha sooner, the day after I posted some isht hit a fan and I wasn't sure we would have the financial ability to avail ourselves of your services .. as usual.
Less? Never!

I am far more familiar with fan strikes today than I was yesterday, sorry to say.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . . 112,660 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,845 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 112,885 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,570 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,899 miles

User avatar
brotha bran
I'm New!
Location: Maine and Washington
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by brotha bran » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:19 pm

Colin. I'm toying with the idea of seeing if you'll come to my neck of the woods when you're in the New England area? I'm actually living in Olympia, WA currently, but am trying to finish my project bus which is in Parsonsfield, ME. Body work is essentially done, most of steering/suspension is installed, brake parts are 60% installed, rebuilt automatic transmission, and I should have an engine by then. It just got fresh paint this winter, and I have (I hope!) all new german seals ready. My goal is to get it driveable/road worthy if possible...then drive it out to WA and finish the rest of the interior/details/etc. I'd just like it driveable...so the ability to go, steer, and stop. :thumbright:

I'll await your thoughts. Maybe I can coerce Randy into helping out a bit too since he's helped me a lot so far over phone/net and we could try and bang as much out as possible.

User avatar
Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.
Location: Sylvester, Georgia
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by Sylvester » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:30 am

This sounds like a write up story. Get it drivable, then drive across county. I like it!
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 2011's So Far Itinerary List

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:13 am

brotha bran wrote:Colin. I'm toying with the idea of seeing if you'll come to my neck of the woods when you're in the New England area? I'm actually living in Olympia, WA currently, but am trying to finish my project bus which is in Parsonsfield, ME. Body work is essentially done, most of steering/suspension is installed, brake parts are 60% installed, rebuilt automatic transmission, and I should have an engine by then. It just got fresh paint this winter, and I have (I hope!) all new german seals ready. My goal is to get it driveable/road worthy if possible...then drive it out to WA and finish the rest of the interior/details/etc. I'd just like it driveable...so the ability to go, steer, and stop. :thumbright:

I'll await your thoughts. Maybe I can coerce Randy into helping out a bit too since he's helped me a lot so far over phone/net and we could try and bang as much out as possible.
Tell me what state of assembly you expect it to be in by the time I come through. Appointments that get hung up by a slow UPS delivery of a critical part are the bane of that which we strive to avoid.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . . 112,660 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,845 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 112,885 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,570 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,899 miles

Post Reply