Interest Gauge, Step On In

Moderators: Amskeptic, Sluggo

User avatar
Hippie
IAC Addict!
Location: 41º 35' 27" N, 93º 37' 15" W
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by Hippie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:47 pm

poptop tom wrote:...Belleplaine and I are working on a guy, local to me, whose a new bus owner and could use your help...
Tom
Get him set up once, and he'll be hooked.
Image

User avatar
highlandmurf
I'm New!
Location: Poughquag, NY
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by highlandmurf » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi Colin,

I've already spoke with you via email.
Just figured I would throw something up on here, now that I am a registered card carryin' Itinerant.
Hopin' I can get you out either late April or early May so I'm all tuned up for the Granny Grose campout in PA on May 15th.

Looking foward to having a mechanical mentor for the day!

Talk to you soon.

Joe
'76 Westy Marino Yellow

User avatar
jonyem
Getting Hooked!
Location: Sequim, Washington
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by jonyem » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:23 pm

I would like to schedule a full day with you this spring/summer.
Ever been to the Olympic Peninsula of Washington state?
Late 1973 ASI/Riviera conversion.

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:26 pm

jonyem wrote:I would like to schedule a full day with you this spring/summer.
Ever been to the Olympic Peninsula of Washington state?
Olympic Peninsula? Why no. What VW do you have and what would you like to accomplish?
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,155 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,820 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 00,000/7 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,885 miles

User avatar
jonyem
Getting Hooked!
Location: Sequim, Washington
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by jonyem » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:36 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
jonyem wrote:I would like to schedule a full day with you this spring/summer.
Ever been to the Olympic Peninsula of Washington state?
Olympic Peninsula? Why no. What VW do you have and what would you like to accomplish?
Colin
I have a '73 bus, in a nutshell, I'd like to have you go over the wiring, brakes, some basic engine maintenance. The number one thing I hope to get accomplished would be to get the fuel gauge/sender issue repaired. (It's always saying empty). I can be more specific, should I send a private message?
Late 1973 ASI/Riviera conversion.

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:53 pm

jonyem wrote: I have a '73 bus, I can be more specific, should I send a private message?
Yes. We set up a PM correspondence (save as a .txt file) to help us plan and order parts, etc.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,155 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,820 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 00,000/7 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,885 miles

User avatar
jonyem
Getting Hooked!
Location: Sequim, Washington
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by jonyem » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:19 am

Amskeptic wrote:
jonyem wrote: I have a '73 bus, I can be more specific, should I send a private message?
Yes. We set up a PM correspondence (save as a .txt file) to help us plan and order parts, etc.
Colin
How does this PM correspondence work?
And how soon do you need the deposit?
Late 1973 ASI/Riviera conversion.

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:56 pm

jonyem wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
jonyem wrote: I have a '73 bus, I can be more specific, should I send a private message?
Yes. We set up a PM correspondence (save as a .txt file) to help us plan and order parts, etc.
Colin
How does this PM correspondence work?
And how soon do you need the deposit?
Once I have a date next to your name, we adjust a little more, then you pay the deposit. I am still working out the time frame.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,155 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,820 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 00,000/7 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,885 miles

User avatar
jtauxe
Addicted!
Location: Lost Almost, NM
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by jtauxe » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:49 am

Amskeptic wrote:There is a good bunch of people up in Los Alamos, bright, humorous, bus-loyal, they all design the latest deadly weapons with total planetary annihilation as their goal, and they all have pianos in their houses as well as curious children surrounded by spectacular scenery.
Colin :shaking2:
What a horrible stereotype! Ack!
Colin's is JUST KIDDING, folks. We are not all weaponeers up here, though if you WERE a weaponeer, this would be the place to be.
I see Pete has checked in. Count me in. I'll bug Tom down the hall and see if Buster Brown wants some of your time. Richard and Jan are mostly likely interested, but do not "do" the Interwebs.

So - I am expecting to pull off the engine switcheroo with my son and some friends (we'll call it auto mechanics class) some time this summer. No doubt there will be things to sort out, though, following that activity. So, count on me for a full day. Late summer preferred, like after the second week of August or something.
John
"The bus came by and I got on. That's when it all began..." - Garcia/Weir/Kreutzman
http://vw.tauxe.net

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:18 pm

jtauxe wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:There is a good bunch of people up in Los Alamos, bright, humorous, bus-loyal, they all design the latest deadly weapons with total planetary annihilation as their goal, and they all have pianos in their houses as well as curious children surrounded by spectacular scenery.
Colin :shaking2:
What a horrible stereotype! Ack!
Colin's is JUST KIDDING, folks. We are not all weaponeers up here, though if you WERE a weaponeer, this would be the place to be.
I see Pete has checked in. Count me in. I'll bug Tom down the hall and see if Buster Brown wants some of your time. Richard and Jan are mostly likely interested, but do not "do" the Interwebs.

So - I am expecting to pull off the engine switcheroo with my son and some friends (we'll call it auto mechanics class) some time this summer. No doubt there will be things to sort out, though, following that activity. So, count on me for a full day. Late summer preferred, like after the second week of August or something.
We specialize in only the finest most-ignorant stereotypes . . . :flower:

I'd be happy to head on up the hill. Let me know if the Bowers would like a visit.
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,155 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,820 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 00,000/7 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,885 miles

User avatar
jtauxe
Addicted!
Location: Lost Almost, NM
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by jtauxe » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Amskeptic wrote:I'd be happy to head on up the hill. Let me know if the Bowers would like a visit.
I stopped by the bowers on the way home -- and entire 1/8 block out of my way to see Yellowbird. Man - I miss that
bus.
http://vw.tauxe.net/yellowbird/

Anyway, YES, count them in. Richard said August is bad for him because all the doctoral students are defending then, but Jan says to come on by -- she knows you'll find things to work on on Yellowbird. I told her that you aren't the type to just work on the bus -- that you would train her to work on the bus. She said that yes, she noticed that.

So, they would be glad to see you any time, and August does not work for Richard.

As for me, I cannot see you on the following dates, and August is best.
5-8 May
24-27 May
13-28 June
23-28 July
FWIW
John
"The bus came by and I got on. That's when it all began..." - Garcia/Weir/Kreutzman
http://vw.tauxe.net

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:47 am

jtauxe wrote: A) Richard said August is bad for him because all the doctoral students are defending then,
B) I cannot see you on the following dates, and August is best.
5-8 May
24-27 May
13-28 June
23-28 July
FWIW
A) I would enjoy peppering defensive doctoral disserters.... :bom:

B) Noted.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,155 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,820 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 00,000/7 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,885 miles

User avatar
Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!
Location: Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by Randy in Maine » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:13 am

Colin,

Am I seeing a nice 2 day gap in your schedule here in New England during mid May 10-23? I would need you for 2 days. Let me know. I am pretty flex here.

Randy in Ocean Park ME.
79 VW Bus

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Randy in Maine wrote:Colin,

Am I seeing a nice 2 day gap in your schedule here in New England during mid May 10-23? I would need you for 2 days. Let me know. I am pretty flex here.

Randy in Ocean Park ME.
The early part of the schedule is looking very rough due to lots o'family commitments + Cindy in Rochester May 13/14/15 where I might have to backtrack horribly to Maine and back to Ohio via Vermont. But if we can get your engines in, that'd be nice.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,155 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,820 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 00,000/7 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,885 miles

User avatar
James Dwan
Getting Hooked!
Location: Dallas, Texas
Status: Offline

Re: Interest Gauge, Step On In

Post by James Dwan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi Colin,

I'm considering going to the Eureka Springs show the last weekend of August, so I'd love to get my FI tuned up for the long drive. Whatchya got for the first 3 weekends in August?
'73/'77 Westfakia
'78 Super Vert
'59 23 Window Deluxe

Post Reply