2011 Results Just In

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

2011 Results Just In

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:07 am

. . . . . . . . 2005 . . . 2006 . . . 2007 . . . 2008 . . . 2009 . . . 2010 . . . 2011
Total Visits .. 52 ....... 32 ....... 35 ........ 46 ....... 37 ........ 57 ....... 54
Gross ... 15,895 ... 11,570 ... 11,895 ...15,700 ... 13,110 ... 23,920 ... 20,030
Fuel ....... 3,933 .... 2,386 .... 3,041 .... 4,054 .... 2,608 .... 4,034 .... 5,279
Lodging ... 4,009 .... 2,339 .... 2,682 .... 3,419 .... 2,866 .... 4,787..... 4,604
AveNet/C ... 152 ...... 207 ....... 174 ....... 179 ...... 213 ...... 265 ...... 194

Total Miles 26,381 ... (+1,783)
Actual Work Weeks 27 ... (-5)
Average miles to each call 488 (+56)
Average fuel expense per call 97.76 (+ 26.99) (.20c/mile)
Average fuel economy was 18.0 mpg @ 3.60/gallon (-0.3mpg)
Average lodging expense per call 85.26 (+ 2.07)
Average net income per week 387.00 (-90) @ 2.0 (+.2) calls per week
Highest net pmaggiore @ 397.00
Worst loss per call Sylvester -289.00 due to long traverse from CA
Next worst loss James Garland -219.00 due to long traverse from CA
Highest fuel cost ez2bemyself 337.00 (Garland TX to Neptune Beach FL)

Please note: these numbers are somewhat skewed by the TBRRD cross-country trip which was incorporated into my business expenses. I deducted personal walkabout time and mileage. Actual total credit card gas expenses were a whopping 5,940.00 this year.

There is a sneaky inflation going on in this country, I am surprised to discover that this long and large effort generated these punk results. I had more fun this year than ever, even as I battled far greater fatigue and blew over a tenth of my net income on .... teeth repair???????
Colin

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

poptop tom
Old School!

Re: 2011 Results Just In

Post by poptop tom » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:58 am

Interesting stats, Colin! Here's to lower fuel prices and more visits in 2012. I'll work on a couple of new customers for you for next season. I know two guys locally (besides myself) that are in need of your services!

Thanks for all your help these past couple of years! Nice lookin' westy behind the BobD in that first pic! :flower:
Mr. Blotto wrote, "Boy - thanks for the offer, but a month in poptop tom's world means 5 years"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:49 pm

poptop tom wrote:Interesting stats, Colin! Here's to lower fuel prices and more visits in 2012. I'll work on a couple of new customers for you for next season. I know two guys locally (besides myself) that are in need of your services!

Thanks for all your help these past couple of years! Nice lookin' westy behind the BobD in that first pic! :flower:
I don't see lower fuel prices. You work on new customers, and I will work on greater efficiency!

That is a nice looking Westy ... I wonder if the owner needs some advanced detailing advice ... I'll bet there is dust under the dashboard behind the wiring.
Colin

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:11 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
poptop tom wrote:Interesting stats, Colin! Here's to lower fuel prices and more visits in 2012. I'll work on a couple of new customers for you for next season. I know two guys locally (besides myself) that are in need of your services!

I don't see lower fuel prices. You work on new customers, and I will work on greater efficiency!

That is a nice looking Westy ... I wonder if the owner needs some advanced detailing advice ... I'll bet there is dust under the dashboard behind the wiring.
Colin

GASP!

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:25 pm

ruckman101 wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:

Colin

GASP!

neal
I know, I KNOW, it's HORrible, such a SHAME that people let their posSESsions just GO down the drain! I was talking to Hilda, you know Hilda that friend of Sandy's we met last year at the potluck for Marie's son's wife's brother who had that motorcycle crash when it was raining so hard that night last what was it April after the Easter weekend from h-e-double hockey sticks when what's his name was such a jerk at the buffet I don't think Betty should forgive him but whose asking me? nobody asks me any more after I did say to Charlene that she should think about leaving her husband if he is going to not tell her where he is going well I think it was my right to tell her and anyways Hilda said that she thinks she saw dust.
(You think I kid ............. :fucyc:)

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:44 pm

lol

Serves her right for looking.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

BumbleBus
Addicted!

Post by BumbleBus » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Amskeptic wrote:There is a sneaky inflation going on in this country
I get extremely frustrated by this because all you hear about in mass media is how tame inflation is. I buy virtually the same groceries week to week and my bill has gone up over 30% in the last year. Grrr.

Looking forward to IAC '12. Already saving up for it. :rr:

How's the book coming? :profileleft:
'72 Sierra Yellow Campmobile

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:04 pm

Every year I am part of a startling statistic of Colin's travels. Really I don't mean to!
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

vwtopia
I'm New!

Post by vwtopia » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:00 pm

I know two guys locally (besides myself) that are in need of your services!
Not sure if that includes me Tom but I did get another 78 Westy this past summer that hasn't been started in years and I haven't touched yet plus Colin didn't get through all of my herd.
Nice lookin' westy behind the BobD in that first pic! :flower:
Both vehicles look awesome, too bad the picture doesn't show the other 4 vans in the driveway/garage LOL

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:12 pm

This seems unfair to saddle on him, because If I remember right, he lives the closest to where Colin is calling home these days.
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.

Runamuck Bus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Runamuck Bus » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:23 pm

I had to be 'one of the positives' - wedged in, last minute, along the way and no time was wasted on an itinerary write-up! Maybe the visits on holidays don't qualify.
Endeavor to Persevere.
'72 Weekender

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Colin.. you continue and will always be, one of the most interesting people I've ever met. And I mean that in the best way possible.
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

http://www.partypickle.blogspot.com

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:54 pm

Ive always considered myself a bit out of the way along the route as well, but do have another local bay owner already palnning on a visit next year. And just 10 miles down the road. Sorry to hear about the teef, they can be mighty pricey to maintain, especially without proper factory maintenence :-)
1979 California Transporter

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:52 am

Colin has the coolest job ever. Thanks for another great year, can't wait to see you in 2012.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

poptop tom
Old School!

Post by poptop tom » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:49 am

Amskeptic wrote:

Colin
I'll add dusting under the dash to my page long winter to-do list!! (because you are correct!)
vwtopia wrote:
I know two guys locally (besides myself) that are in need of your services!
Not sure if that includes me Tom but I did get another 78 Westy this past summer that hasn't been started in years and I haven't touched yet plus Colin didn't get through all of my herd.
Nice lookin' westy behind the BobD in that first pic! :flower:
Both vehicles look awesome, too bad the picture doesn't show the other 4 vans in the driveway/garage LOL
With all those buses, Kevin, you were a given on another visit!! I've got the owner of Shoreline Brewery, and his manager, both with buses. They would benefit greatly from a Colin visit!!
Mr. Blotto wrote, "Boy - thanks for the offer, but a month in poptop tom's world means 5 years"