What will the IAC guru tour in for the 2012 tour?

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

What will the IAC guru tour in for the 2012 tour?

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:38 pm

Assuming you get the high head temp issue resolved with ToBeRenamed... which Bus will be your calling card...but that's kinda putting the cart before the horse; is there going to be a 2012 tour? :brave:
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: What will the IAC guru tour in for the 2012 tour?

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:49 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:Assuming you get the high head temp issue resolved with ToBeRenamed... which Bus will be your calling card...but that's kinda putting the cart before the horse; is there going to be a 2012 tour? :brave:
Currently I am testing a new main jet, a higher float level, and a reamed out power circuit hole in the carburetor top gasket. I will find out later today if the highway temps improve. If they do not, I have to go 50 mph until I figure out how to get more fuel into the engine at high rpms.
I should have taken pictures yesterday, carburetor in pieces behind what I thought was a closed mall store, the lady who came out with this ridiculous halloween batwing hat on, "oh my goodness, you surprised me."
I replied, "you scared me."

I would like very much to beat this TBRRD into good shape for a 2012 tour, but I demand that this engine be in a world-class state of balance before I hit the road hard.

I think a professional balance + counterweighted crank and genyoowine stainless steel Manley exhaust valves actuated by Porsche 911 elephant feet adjusters are the bare minimum upgrade necessary before next summer.

The BobD will likely be asked to do a round-trip Florida jaunt from Atlanta to keep things exercised, but I have a greater respect for the o-r-i-g-i-n-a-l-i-t-y now, and will strive to keep the miles modest.

Meanwhile, back to Atlanta for drawing board marathon (can I still even draw??)
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:47 pm

It is a lot of work to get things even close to original...
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:55 am

I've never been original.
Sigh.
Merely echoes of the original originality.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.