TBRRD Hits The Road

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Re: TBRRD Hits The Road

Post by hambone » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Oh fine don't invite me. And I'd drink up all your beer too.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Jeepers. Carlos Castaneda couldn't eat that many shrooms.

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:48 am

LOOKING FOR MUSHROOMS AT SUNRISE
—W.S. Merwin

When it is not yet day
I am walking on centuries of dead chestnut leaves
In a place without grief
Though the oriole
Out of another life warns me
That I am awake

In the dark while the rain fell
The gold chanterelles pushed through a sleep that was not mine
Waking me
So that I came up the mountain to find them

Where they appear it seems I have been before
I recognize their haunts as though remembering
Another life

Where else am I walking even now
Looking for me
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:44 am

Cindy wrote: "Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."

George Eliot

Fine, Mr. Eliot! Go seek your dying vegetation and increasing cold and growing darkness and seek away...

I chase the sun, :sunny: the light! :sunny: the warmth! :sunny: the life! :flower: of summer! and I done found some here outside of sunny :sunny: Sacramento CA with mist rising over the river delta and flocks of birds heralding the 84* sunny day today! Yay!
ColinVWBusBird

(soooo, yesterday for example, I waxed the floorpans, touched up the interior painted surfaces, disassembled the accelerator pedal linkage and straightened and lubricated, disassembled the gearshifter to lubricate and adjust, and painted both the accelerator pedal and the gearshifter + housing, treated the front mat with protectant ... all in the sunshine! :sunny: the sunshine!

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

bajaman72
Addicted!

Post by bajaman72 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:40 am

=D> Welcome to California.. and sunshine!!
1968 Karmann Ghia - Driver
1969 Transporter - Project
1959 Karmann Ghia - Full Race Car

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:27 am

:cheers: Just what I want to see. Belated welcome to California (Ive been off-line) many questions. Is your brake fluid low and dirty? and what is around base of clutch and pedals? original or some composit? I see the ground thru mine :geek:

El needs lots of your kind of attention.

Very happy travels to you in the sunshine =D>
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

Xelmon
Sedna of VW lovers

Post by Xelmon » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:29 pm

bajaman72 wrote:=D> Welcome to California.. and sunshine!!
Coming back from Death Valley almost 3 years ago now - spring break vacation - it was still fine in NoCal.
About 20 miles away from the border a few drops hit the windshield.
About 10 miles away it was a drizzle.
At the border it was pouring, and it poured from the border till Portland with out a break.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Elwood wrote::cheers: Just what I want to see. Belated welcome to California (Ive been off-line) many questions. Is your brake fluid low and dirty? and what is around base of clutch and pedals? original or some composit? I see the ground thru mine :geek:

Hello Elwood,

Brake fluid bottle does have some sediment, I do plan to make it gorgeous shortly.
Pedals have been surrounded by Mike's interpretation of the factory foam squares glued to pan at holes. BobD has the original foam, a little skinnier than Mikes. The clutch pedal additionally has a sparkplug boot (factory issue as well) coming up from below to seal out the cold. This car has a gross blob of sheetmetal poorly welded onto the floor pan. The POR15 already had rust sticking through the rough edges. I sprayed a couple of coats of rust-catalyzing primer on it.

This car is a sweetheart. It demands that I settle down, chill, take in the day, bust out of the feverishness of a packed itinerary ... it just ain't gonna happen that way with this little 1600 engine. Dipstick bit me good on I-5 yesterday. Uhh, hello!
1600 + Freeway + 87* = Hot Little Engine.

I must mosey, mosey on down yonder a ways to Pahrump, 558 miles tonight, in the late waning moon's late night light up I-80 hills, headlamps painting a ribbon of road as the little 1600 does its little 1600 generator shrieking while I chastise it, oh come on, you're barely at 3,600 rpm.

If Elwood would like some attention, please PM me with details.
Colin I-80 Eastbound

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:05 am

Amskeptic wrote:If Elwood would like some attention, please PM me with details.
Colin I-80 Eastbound
Thanks Colin and I will be sending a PM after I get some info.

Hope that I-80 east got you in beautifull area but not a straight route to Nevada??? Be interesting to hear your next update.
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:15 am

Yes, Colin. I thought you would like that quote--with a slight tweak of the season, of course. It reminded me of you.

Cindy
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand

sgkent
Addicted!

Post by sgkent » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:47 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Elwood wrote::cheers: Just what I want to see. Belated welcome to California (Ive been off-line) many questions. Is your brake fluid low and dirty? and what is around base of clutch and pedals? original or some composit? I see the ground thru mine :geek:

Hello Elwood,

Brake fluid bottle does have some sediment, I do plan to make it gorgeous shortly.
Pedals have been surrounded by Mike's interpretation of the factory foam squares glued to pan at holes. BobD has the original foam, a little skinnier than Mikes. The clutch pedal additionally has a sparkplug boot (factory issue as well) coming up from below to seal out the cold. This car has a gross blob of sheetmetal poorly welded onto the floor pan. The POR15 already had rust sticking through the rough edges. I sprayed a couple of coats of rust-catalyzing primer on it.

This car is a sweetheart. It demands that I settle down, chill, take in the day, bust out of the feverishness of a packed itinerary ... it just ain't gonna happen that way with this little 1600 engine. Dipstick bit me good on I-5 yesterday. Uhh, hello!
1600 + Freeway + 87* = Hot Little Engine.

I must mosey, mosey on down yonder a ways to Pahrump, 558 miles tonight, in the late waning moon's late night light up I-80 hills, headlamps painting a ribbon of road as the little 1600 does its little 1600 generator shrieking while I chastise it, oh come on, you're barely at 3,600 rpm.

If Elwood would like some attention, please PM me with details.
Colin I-80 Eastbound

Now we know why the dinner got cold. Pahrump called.
TBone208 wrote: "You ppl are such windbags. Go use your crystal ball to get rich & predict something meaningful. Nobody knows what's going to happen. How are we supposed to take ppl who don't know the definition of a recession & "woman" seriously?"

Merlin The Wrench

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:16 am

sgkent wrote: Now we know why the dinner got cold. Pahrump called.
No, I am slightly an idiot, that's why. I was all ready to show you this "new" old VW, and I got online at my customer's friend's house to see if you had replied to my hasty note.

"Huh, he has not responded," I said to my customer's friend, "but thanks for letting me use your computer." See ... I checked this site and theSamba, but did I check my email account? OF COURSE NOT, I don't do VW stuff in my email. Yet, there you were, graciously offering me your phone number....
Achh,
Colin