2010 Results Just In

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

2010 Results Just In

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:45 pm

. . . . . . . . . 2005 . . . 2006 . . . . 2007 . . . 2008 . . . 2009 . . . . 2010
Total Visits.... 52 ........ 32 .......... 35 ......... 46 ......... 37 .......... 57
Gross ...... 15,895 ... 11,570 ... 11,895 ... 15,700 ... 13,110 .... 23,920
Fuel .......... 3,933 ..... 2,386 ..... 3,041 .... 4,054 .... 2,608 ....... 4,034
Lodging ..... 4,009 ..... 2,339 ..... 2,682 .....3,419 .... 2,866 ....... 4,787
AveNet/C .... 152 ........ 207 ........ 174 ....... 179 ....... 213 .......... 265

Total Miles 24,598
Total weeks on the road 32

Average miles to each call 432
Average fuel expense per call 70.77
(therefore, average fuel economy was 18.3 mpg @ 3.00/gallon)
Average lodging expense per call 83.19
Average net income per week 477.00 @ 1.8 calls per week
Highest net Type2Sam @ 732.00
Worst loss per call James Garland -287.09 due to prior cancellations
Next worst loss Poptoptom II @ -24.60
Lowest income per call Sylvester II at 1.51
Highest fuel cost Lanval II at 415.72
BobD odometer at end of last call was 62,486

. . . as I crushed numbers and receipts over the past 11 hours, many stories came up as I re-visited my Itinerary PM folders, what a wonderful crazy thing this Itinerant Air-Cooled thing is . . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Mr Blotto
IAC Addict!

Post by Mr Blotto » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:50 am

Good numbers posted for this year - hope that trend continues for you!

Wow - almost 18k on the BobD. Assuming that there will be a 2011 IAC Tour :flower: :flower: , do you intend on using the BobD again? I know you said you were not going to store it, but this is the other extreme.

Thanks again for doing what you do!
1978 Sage Green Westy - 2.0 FI - SOLD WITH 109887 miles :-(

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: 2010 Results Just In

Post by Sylvester » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:14 am

Amskeptic wrote: Lowest income per call Sylvester II at 1.51
Ok, next time instead of a Reuben we go for steak. Do let us know where you are every now and then, and post some more scenery pictures. I have never been to Nevada but may want to.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

poptop tom
Old School!

Post by poptop tom » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:37 am

Crap, do I owe? Had thought we were all square!

Thanks again for the visits and help, Colin!
Mr. Blotto wrote, "Boy - thanks for the offer, but a month in poptop tom's world means 5 years"

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:01 am

What about your food costs? Is it categorized under the lodging column? It seems like that would be a big expense.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:08 am

The reason that the numbers fluctuate is that all calls pay for the immediate travel to to them. James Dwan's expected full day income was to pay for all travels from California to Texas. After I had three unexpected cancellations, when James made it a half-day, I passed out cold.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:23 am

Just for the record, no one made you end this whole shebang back east. Given the usual weather (clear and cool today) here in SoCal, you should be bunking in/around my place all winter anyway :roll:

Besides, I kind of like the dualing effects of your loving flights of analytical musing coupled with the occasional sound of you cursing at the mouse poop/my ignorance/rebellious vanagon!

By the way, I should be able to check that final step today or tomorrow. I'll call Elsinore to see if they have any ECUs, and then head over there to switch out my plenum/runners for 2.1s, along with a new FPR and 1.9 Throttle body (verified as necessary per an Old Volks Home explanation). How's post Jan 1 looking for you? I have about 10 days vacation... and a couple of bux to spend. How many Irvine visits do ya think we can get in this year? Hell, I might even sabotage a couple of Vanagons/busses around here (didja see the blue baby I posted for you from IVC?) just to up your income and make Irvine more profitable...

:pirate:

Lanval

JLT
Old School!

Re: 2010 Results Just In

Post by JLT » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Amskeptic wrote:many stories came up as I re-visited my Itinerary PM folders, what a wonderful crazy thing this Itinerant Air-Cooled thing is . . .
Colin
And that's the point: the truly valuable things that you get with IAC trips are the things that can't be quantified ... great vistas, good people, appreciative audiences, mental challenges...
-- JLT
Sacramento CA

Present bus: '71 Dormobile Westie "George"
(sometimes towing a '65 Allstate single-wheel trailer)
Former buses: '61 17-window Deluxe "Pink Bus"
'70 Frankenwestie "Blunder Bus"
'71 Frankenwestie "Thunder Bus"

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Pretty cool man. You've saved a lotta asses this year for modest reward.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

nathan@el
Getting Hooked!

Post by nathan@el » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Hell, I might even sabotage a couple of Vanagons/busses around here (didja see the blue baby I posted for you from IVC?) just to up your income and make Irvine more profitable...
Stay away from my Van Lanval! ;) I'll gladly pay to have Colin back in Irvine anyway. There is always something to work on with the Orangemobile!
Orange 1980 Vanagon L Westy
~190,000 miles on body
~20,000 on engine

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Mr Blotto wrote:Good numbers posted for this year - hope that trend continues for you!
+1

I can always find something to do for an Itinerant day, and so far have been able to set aside the money.
As long as you don't lose money on the deal, see ya next summer.

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Hippie wrote:
Mr Blotto wrote:Good numbers posted for this year - hope that trend continues for you!
+1

I can always find something to do for an Itinerant day, and so far have been able to set aside the money.
As long as you don't lose money on the deal, see ya next summer.
Count me in for next summer as well. And I'll do what I can to suggest your services to other locals.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:46 am

We should be able to drum up some business in Atlanta as well, there has to be more of ACVW help needed than just little old me and Zabo.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:36 am

i would think so- although im not one to talk -only having one visit and that was 3 or so years ago :blackeye:
60 beetle
78 bus

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:27 am

zabo wrote:i would think so- although im not one to talk -only having one visit and that was 3 or so years ago :blackeye:
You really need help.... With your VW of course! Colin made it to one of your club meetings, if he got the word out we should be able to drum up some business.