Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings From Northeast chchchchchill

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings From Northeast chchchchch

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:32 pm

iwantmybustorun wrote:
Amskeptic wrote: I look forward to your update, Christian, and I owe you $20.00 for that scale!!!!

Reflective in the chill here in Storrs today . . . this is where I started my adulthood. Though I deeply and sensorily loved life as a nineteen year-old, and my back hurts today, I could not give back a day.
Colin
Colin, sorry for the lack of an update.
Looking back, a lot has happened since your visit back in May, but not much having to do with my bus. My sister was in a car accident days after you left and unfortunately my uncle lost his battle to cancer this past Saturday. I'm just now sitting down to figure out if my trip across the country will still be possible and I re-read Colin's reflection... "I could not give back a day." I hope my uncle had the same thoughts.
I HATE car accidents! I hope she is OK. Update us when you have something to update. Too warm out there now?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:47 am

Car accidents suck. My cousin's boy was in one last night. Caused some internal bleeding and we're waiting to hear if he's all right.

Cindy
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand

iwantmybustorun
Addicted!

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings From Northeast chchchchch

Post by iwantmybustorun » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Amskeptic wrote:Update us when you have something to update. Too warm out there now?
Colin
Yes, way too warm and HUMID!
So, the trip across country has been canceled. I finally had some time to devote to the VW. The backing plates from bus depot rub against the drum at about 4 and 8 o'clock. I had to take a 2x4 and a hammer to these spots while the backing plates were already on the bus. If you buy these backing plates you might want to put the center of the backing plates on something with a 4 inch diameter and push down on the backing plates were you see the impressions. I'll post pictures in the technical "Brake" section of the forum.
Colin, are you going to have anything left in the tank to come back to the northeast this year?
73 Westy
Weber single progressive
[Crane ignition system out]
SVDA and points

iwantmybustorun
Addicted!

Post by iwantmybustorun » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Cindy wrote:Car accidents suck. My cousin's boy was in one last night. Caused some internal bleeding and we're waiting to hear if he's all right.

Cindy
Is he ok?
73 Westy
Weber single progressive
[Crane ignition system out]
SVDA and points

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:49 am

iwantmybustorun wrote:
Cindy wrote:Car accidents suck. My cousin's boy was in one last night. Caused some internal bleeding and we're waiting to hear if he's all right.

Cindy
Is he ok?
Yes--but his aunt (who was driving) fractured her back and is still dealing with that. They were "T-boned" in a parking lot by someone going about 40 mph.

Cindy
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.

midatlanticys
Addicted!

Post by midatlanticys » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:04 am

Cindy wrote: They were "T-boned" in a parking lot by someone going about 40 mph. Cindy
:pale: :pale: :pale: . . . . didn't someone nail it recently? ". . . . there's too many freakin' idiots out there??" Hope everyone gets swiftly back to a 100% health and full function of body and spirit!!
"The sad thing about governments is that in every single case, government formed by the people eventually becomes so large it begins to prey upon the people who created it.” -- B. Hoover

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:39 am

Way too fast for a parking lot. I still don't understand it.

Cindy