Truncated Wrap-Up Itinerary

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:10 pm

jl74supercab wrote:Colin - I read your update on the 2009 Itinerary Sticky. While I was looking forward to your visit, I completely understand.
I wish you well in the abridged version of your itinerary and hope you regain the strength and composure you had in the past.
You are a unique and strong person who has taken paths others may not have had the courage to take. That strength will win out.

- Jim
Get serious heat in your garage, and we can do a day when I drive to Boston the week before Christmas. 80* is good.
Colin :cyclopsani:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

jl74supercab
Getting Hooked!

Post by jl74supercab » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:33 pm

That may be the impetus I need to finally do that!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:55 pm

jl74supercab wrote:That may be the impetus I need to finally do that!
Well, I'll keep pushing then, plush short-pile carpeting, indirect full-spectrum flourescent lamps along the walls, an exhaust extraction system, and a bank of high-intensity halogen lamps illuminating the work bench would be so spiffy.
Colin
(ceiling forced-air hot water exchanger heating systems are good for preventing explosions)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

jl74supercab
Getting Hooked!

Post by jl74supercab » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:02 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Well, I'll keep pushing then, plush short-pile carpeting, indirect full-spectrum flourescent lamps along the walls, an exhaust extraction system, and a bank of high-intensity halogen lamps illuminating the work bench would be so spiffy.
Colin
(ceiling forced-air hot water exchanger heating systems are good for preventing explosions)
Funny. I hadn't thought of the carpeting.
When we put the addition on and specked the garage with the 11' ceiling, my contractor ran pipes with valves from the basement to the inside wall of the garage "in case you ever want to put a ceiling mounted forced-aid hot water exchanger in there". He also suggested a urinal, but my wife drew the line there. "if you do that, I will NEVER see him".

werksberg
Old School!

Post by werksberg » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:55 pm

LOL...funny thing Jimmy Larsen of JCL racing (reknown ACVW race car builder) has a urinal in his home fab garage.....and he had a pinstriper paint a figure in there......I'll leave it at that.
Facebook for new product releases and special deals: Werks Berg
http://stores.ebay.com/werksberg
Search the Samba under werksberg for our products on sale there too....but order direct on here for a special IAC shipping savings
SOS: Support Our Shops....
werksberg@sbcglobal.net

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:20 pm

werksberg wrote:and he had a pinstriper paint a figure in there......I'll leave it at that.
Oh no, my imagination took off on that one. Do tell what is pinstriped.

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.