General Path Prediction

Moderators: Amskeptic, Sluggo

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:18 am

airkooledchris wrote:I have a very good friend with a 74 Adventurewagon in need of some assistance in Minneapolis, as their van has sat for a few years now without use and they need help getting it going again.

motor was rebuilt in SF, CA in 2003 and it hasn't seem much use since then. duel dellorto (sp?) carbs.. beautiful bus.

would you be able to split the day between two different vehicles?

if so, im sure they would be interested, very fun people, and ill touch base and confirm (and get them over here to post, they aren't online much) if that sounds ok?
Due to the fact that there is a psychological component to tuning in to people's different learning methods, and getting to know the specific car, I will not do two cars in one day. But, if I am within 50 miles of these two people, I will do two discrete half-days if you like. . .
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . . 112,660 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,845 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 112,885 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,570 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,899 miles

User avatar
sped372
IAC Addict!
Location: Waunakee, WI
Status: Offline

Post by sped372 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:10 pm

Amskeptic wrote:I will not do two cars in one day.
I'm assuming you won't do multiple vehicles that aren't "related" (belonging to the same family)?
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

User avatar
airkooledchris
IAC Addict!
Location: Eureka, California
Contact:
Status: Offline

Post by airkooledchris » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:49 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
airkooledchris wrote:I have a very good friend with a 74 Adventurewagon in need of some assistance in Minneapolis, as their van has sat for a few years now without use and they need help getting it going again.

motor was rebuilt in SF, CA in 2003 and it hasn't seem much use since then. duel dellorto (sp?) carbs.. beautiful bus.

would you be able to split the day between two different vehicles?

if so, im sure they would be interested, very fun people, and ill touch base and confirm (and get them over here to post, they aren't online much) if that sounds ok?
Due to the fact that there is a psychological component to tuning in to people's different learning methods, and getting to know the specific car, I will not do two cars in one day. But, if I am within 50 miles of these two people, I will do two discrete half-days if you like. . .
Colin

Thanks for the note. Ill get them to sign up and post to help coordinate a successful Minneapolis stint.
1979 California Transporter

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:51 pm

sped372 wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:I will not do two cars in one day.
I'm assuming you won't do multiple vehicles that aren't "related" (belonging to the same family)?
Tell me more. I did a BMW valve adjustment seminar with one of my VW clients.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . . 112,660 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,845 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 112,885 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,570 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,899 miles

User avatar
sped372
IAC Addict!
Location: Waunakee, WI
Status: Offline

Post by sped372 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:02 pm

I think I phrased that poorly. I was just looking for some clarification; I assume you won't do multiple vehicles that don't belong to the same "client" - split the day that way. But multiple cars belonging to the same client are fine, no?

I do have a '75 Harley 125cc SXT trail bike in the garage though that I'm planning on getting up and running this summer if you have any interest. It's air cooled!
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:37 pm

sped372 wrote:But multiple cars belonging to the same client are fine, no?
Yes, so long as they fall within my range of abilities and interest. I will not, for example, tune up the Astro.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . . 112,660 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,845 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 112,885 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,570 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,899 miles

chuxbus
I'm New!
Location: East Atlanta (Downtown)
Status: Offline

Re: Atlanta

Post by chuxbus » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:23 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
chuxbus wrote:I'd be interested in a visit during one of your swings through Atlanta
Tell me what you'd like to address on what vehicle, and if you are weather-independent. Atlanta could be coming up sooner rather than later if we have a nice warm sunny day.
Colin
sorry... had a string of traveling and events and neglected to check back...

mostly interested in chassis stuff on the 78 Bus... bearings, brakes, cv joints, steering box... tightening/smoothing up the shifting

(I did an amateur restoration a few years ago, including swapping in an AVP rebuilt engine... did the drag link swap, but might need a steering box replacement and replaced my front rotors and calipers, but haven't been able to bust the rear brakes loose.) Also, maybe a general tuning up couldn't hurt... I'm not confident about my hydraulic valve settings

User avatar
glasseye
IAC Addict!
Location: Kootenays, BC
Status: Offline

Post by glasseye » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:19 pm

Amskeptic wrote:I will not, for example, tune up the Astro.
Colin
As IF! :cherry:

Besides, Asstros do not need tune-ups. My first Asstro did over 300,000 kms before I changed the plugs.

Never thought I'd be reading this topic, now didja? :flower:
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

User avatar
fancy pants
Old School!
Location: Portland
Contact:
Status: Offline

Post by fancy pants » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:43 am

Colin -

I would be up for a full day on your swing through Portland. I have a 76 Riviera that can always use some love...

John
John
76 Bus - Riviera
81 Mercedes 300TD
05 Golf TDI

Gone but not forgotten:
1972 Bus
1973 Squareback


We are not going to stick anything that dirty down in your hole - Colin, 6/30/2010

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:23 pm

fancy pants wrote:Colin -

I would be up for a full day on your swing through Portland. I have a 76 Riviera that can always use some love...

John
Portland Oregon. Let's shoehorn you in somewhere/some time.
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . . 112,660 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,845 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 112,885 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,570 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,899 miles

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: Atlanta

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:26 pm

chuxbus wrote: mostly interested in chassis stuff on the 78 Bus... bearings, brakes, cv joints, steering box... tightening/smoothing up the shifting
How is May 19th?
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . . 112,660 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,845 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 112,885 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,570 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 78,899 miles

User avatar
spiffy
IAC Addict!
Location: Walla Walla, WA
Status: Offline

Post by spiffy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:46 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
fancy pants wrote:Colin -

I would be up for a full day on your swing through Portland. I have a 76 Riviera that can always use some love...

John
Portland Oregon. Let's shoehorn you in somewhere/some

time.
Ooooo, that's a nice bus colin, tell the guy to stop breaking his fingers tho.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

User avatar
fancy pants
Old School!
Location: Portland
Contact:
Status: Offline

Post by fancy pants » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:17 pm

Not only do I have a broken finger, I just had a massive hernia repaired on Tuesday. I am down for a while...
John
76 Bus - Riviera
81 Mercedes 300TD
05 Golf TDI

Gone but not forgotten:
1972 Bus
1973 Squareback


We are not going to stick anything that dirty down in your hole - Colin, 6/30/2010

User avatar
spiffy
IAC Addict!
Location: Walla Walla, WA
Status: Offline

Post by spiffy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:57 pm

fancy pants wrote:Not only do I have a broken finger, I just had a massive hernia repaired on Tuesday. I am down for a while..

.
Dang man, take care of yerself!
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

User avatar
Westy78
IAC Addict!
Location: Stumptown OR
Status: Offline

Post by Westy78 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:56 pm

Got a problem with my date now. Work just sprung the news last week that swing and day shift will be merging and a complete dept. rebid is in the works. I'll now be working Sundays..........This could change by then but to be safe a different day might work better if that's possible. I'm still planning on taking the week following Maupin off, I think.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

Post Reply