Itinerary As Of 10/25/08

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:58 pm

Hey! It's VWGirl! I remember that screen name! Long time no post (at least on this forum!) :flower:
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:05 pm

Go ahead and drop me in somewhere in... looks like June?

I'm sure we can find lots to do.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:32 am

Ritter wrote:
Velokid1 wrote:...charcoal canister reinstall...
C'mon Velo. Even I figured that one out! :blackeye:
Hey man, don't be convincing my customers they don't need me. I'll, I'll make up stories about about how you um how you let's see ah couldn't get the #2 spark plug installed for uh three hours yeah remember when your wife said, "honey the sandwiches are getting cold" and you dropped the plug and we had to drop the engine to remove the upper cylinder tin to get the plug out and she said "I am buying a Chevy Astro, they don't need plugs" and your kid started crying "I WANT the BUS!" and you said "hush, I almost have it. . . . " and we got the engine back in and when you did spark plug #4 it dropped too and got wedged near the oil cooler flap and we had to drop the engine AGAIN and and THEN. . . . . you told your wife you like your sandwiches cold and dark too?"
Colin :flower:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:22 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Ritter wrote:
Velokid1 wrote:...charcoal canister reinstall...
C'mon Velo. Even I figured that one out! :blackeye:
Hey man, don't be convincing my customers they don't need me. I'll, I'll make up stories about about how you um how you let's see ah couldn't get the #2 spark plug installed for uh three hours yeah remember when your wife said, "honey the sandwiches are getting cold" and you dropped the plug and we had to drop the engine to remove the upper cylinder tin to get the plug out and she said "I am buying a Chevy Astro, they don't need plugs" and your kid started crying "I WANT the BUS!" and you said "hush, I almost have it. . . . " and we got the engine back in and when you did spark plug #4 it dropped too and got wedged near the oil cooler flap and we had to drop the engine AGAIN and and THEN. . . . . you told your wife you like your sandwiches cold and dark too?"
Colin :flower:
=D>

Ah, the memories... (but for the record, my wife would never buy an American car--the stuff about me could be accurate though, even if you weren't actually there to witness it!)

By the way, I'm approved for a day in June so I'm in for sure.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

upnorthman
Getting Hooked!

Post by upnorthman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:42 pm

I know that this is just a prelim but does
August **-** . . . . . . . . .youse Michiganners
mean that there is a tentative opening for other Michiganners?

It looks like it to me just wanted to verify and get my name in there at the same time........
Me wife says the bus will be running by then fo sho without the nasty sound coming from the engine of course.
1976 Sage Green Westy
F.I. with Hyd lifters
Rebuilt once....Miles?

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:23 pm

I was giving Colin a little grief for not visiting the great lake state...so there's two of us who are looking to avail us of his services :)
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:47 am

I'll bet there would be more interest in Michigan if you could fit us in at the start of the driving season, rather than the end. Life starts on Memorial Day, and ends on Labor Day.

VWBusrepairman
IAC Addict!

Post by VWBusrepairman » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:04 pm

Pencil in an Indiana visit as well if you're going to Michigan anyway...

(then I can trick you into helping install a new headliner in a sunroof bus!)

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:32 pm

upnorthman wrote:I know that this is just a prelim but does
August **-** . . . . . . . . .youse Michiganners
mean that there is a tentative opening for other Michiganners?

It looks like it to me just wanted to verify and get my name in there at the same time........
Me wife says the bus will be running by then fo sho without the nasty sound coming from the engine of course.
Yes, there will be hopefully three of you in Michigan. I know there is a great need to get cars ship-shape at the beginning of the season, but I have to cram a lot in before DeschutestroutBeerBlast, so August looks like the more sensible time. And August is warmer than May, heh?
Colin

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:35 pm

VWBusrepairman wrote:Pencil in an Indiana visit as well if you're going to Michigan anyway...

(then I can trick you into helping install a new headliner in a sunroof bus!)
Heck yeah. Headliner in your bus and crankcase transplant on my bus. Hmmm, headliner before crankcase to keep the finger prints off that fine white?

All stationary windows out. Sunroof out. Lots of little plastic clamps, like 20+. Decent adhesive. Hair dryer or heatgun. No. I have never done it before. :flower:

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:53 pm

Amskeptic wrote:...And August is warmer than May, heh?
True enough, but we're only talking the difference between Daisy Dukes and long pants.

DAILY EXTREME AND AVERAGE TEMPERATURES FOR DEARBORN (1952-80)

DATE... HI... LOW... AVG... HI... LOW... AVG... HI... LOW... AVG
...........MAX...MAX... MAX...MIN...MIN... MIN..MEAN..MEAN..MEAN

05/20... 093... 051... 75... 069... 035... 50... 081... 047... 62
05/23... 090... 058... 74... 066... 033... 50... 078... 046... 62
05/26... 087... 046... 74... 064... 035... 49... 076... 044... 62
05/29... 093... 060... 76... 066... 034... 52... 079... 049... 64
05/31... 087... 061... 76... 068... 038... 54... 078... 050... 66

I hereby commit to a date if you can make it in May

VWBusrepairman
IAC Addict!

Post by VWBusrepairman » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:24 pm

In August, we battle high relative humidity but if that works for you, maybe we can all get on the schedule.

I plan on removing the glass and sunroof. Sunroof takes me about the same amount of time as removing the engine (since there are more fasteners on the sunroof and those cables are 10 feet long!)

Bob D.
Getting Hooked!

Post by Bob D. » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:11 am

Please officially confirm me for a visit whenever you can get here. ;-) According to your schedule that looks to be June at the moment, just let me know the exact date as the time draws closer.

Right now June seems like a distant dream, with only a frost-covered window pane separating me from 7 degrees farenheit and my bus in the dim corner of a storage garage two cities away. Fast-forward, please. :bounce:
1978 7-Passenger Bus
37k miles
SOLD

VWBusrepairman
IAC Addict!

Post by VWBusrepairman » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:05 pm

Bob D. wrote:Please officially confirm me for a visit whenever you can get here. ;-) According to your schedule that looks to be June at the moment, just let me know the exact date as the time draws closer.

Right now June seems like a distant dream, with only a frost-covered window pane separating me from 7 degrees farenheit and my bus in the dim corner of a storage garage two cities away. Fast-forward, please. :bounce:
Can I come and detail that bus and take pics? That bus is the standard for which all buses should be held!

lari
Getting Hooked!

that would be great...

Post by lari » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:42 pm

We'd love to see you when you are in the Emerald City! I had to post when I saw your schedule up. I've not been around here much, with the school stuff, and amos and I've been doing some campaign work this year (that has been a huge time suck, but very rewarding).

Ironically, I'm getting ready to head to band practice right now...pregnancy has not slowed down the bass playing, in fact at 22 weeks pregnant I played a gig last Saturday night. I don't get to carry my own amp anymore, and I have to rest my bass on my right hip, but I can still play an hour set.
-lari
78 CE westy-Simon LeBus
I want a WESTY TABLE!! PM me if you've got one for Simon!