Itinerary As Of 10/25/08

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:49 pm

Can I get fit in somewhere when you're in L.A.? Hopefully my stock carbs for the Bus will be ready by then and you can show how they are installed.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:41 pm

Do you think you can make a stop into the Midwest IAC Convention in Galena in early June?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:48 pm

Sluggo wrote:Can I get fit in somewhere when you're in L.A.? Hopefully my stock carbs for the Bus will be ready by then and you can show how they are installed.
I 'spect so. Stock carbs for which bus? The Psychedelic Pumpkin?
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:50 pm

chitwnvw wrote:Do you think you can make a stop into the Midwest IAC Convention in Galena in early June?
Well, you prolly got the date for the Galena IAC Convention, I don't. So if you look at the itinerary and all of the dates clotted around the 5/6/7 am I going to be able to stop by for 20 minutes or so?
Colin :bounce:

renobdarb
I'm New!

Post by renobdarb » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:01 pm

Colin - did you see my post on p.3? Thx...
1978 Campmobile, 2000cc w/hydro lifters, dual Weber 44 IDF carbs (50 idle jets, 115 main jets), SVDA distributor w/Compufire.

BusBerd
Getting Hooked!

Post by BusBerd » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:33 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
BusBerd wrote:Hey Colin,

Minnesota seems underrepresented this year! What say ye
Ayeeee. Greys Lake IL on the 7th of June, Missoula MT on the 11th. . . . can we pull this off?
Cilin
ARE YOUR BRIDGES ABLE TO SUPPORT MY LOADED BUS?
Yeah, that is cutting it tight I would guess.
Its your call. I could only do it on Monday the 9th in that time slot anyway. That leaves little time to get to Missoula (about a 16 hour drive from Minneapolis).
I can't really afford it anyway, but I wanted to bite the bullet and take this opportunity if you were in the area.
I think my fuel tank sending unit needs to be replaced. It reads ok until the tank is about 1/2 empty, then the gauge will go all the way to empty with 1/2 a tankful. I thought you could help me get more comfortable with taking the engine in and out while we replace the fuel tank sending unit. And I am sure you could find other things to improve upon with my engine.
Its your call. If you want to just wait and see if you think you will have time (play it by ear) thats cool too. If it works: great! If not: I'll see you next year!
BusBerd
1977 VW Westfalia Campmobile
2.0L Engine
Fuel Injected
Manual Transmission

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:23 pm

chitwnvw wrote:Do you think you can make a stop into the Midwest IAC Convention in Galena in early June?
Hey, chitwnvw, what's going on in Galena? I guess I'm out of the loop :blackeye:
Galena is one of our favorite weekend trips from here in Des Moines.

Thanks,
Rob

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:03 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Well, you prolly got the date for the Galena IAC Convention, I don't. So if you look at the itinerary and all of the dates clotted around the 5/6/7 am I going to be able to stop by for 20 minutes or so?
Colin :bounce:
Maybe right after MattG's visit, evening of the 8th, you'll be heading that way(west). Maybe caravan with Matt. You might make it more than 20 minutes, when we start to annoy you, you can retreat up into the hills. :joker:

You are very booked in the front of this tour, congrats, hope you are staying in the black.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:58 pm

renobdarb wrote:Hmmmmm... can I convince you to cruise the bus through the Tetons to Jackson, Wyo., around June 9 or 10 on your way to Missoula? Maybe we could do just a half-day if you're in a rush...
What I would like to do is put some Chicago/Illinois people in in the later slot in August. This is too jammed up in June. Any takers? If I get a couple of Illinois people to allow the later time slot, I would love to do the western people who have requested appointments. That would put you back in too, Busberd.
Colin

BusBerd
Getting Hooked!

Post by BusBerd » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:00 am

Amskeptic wrote: What I would like to do is put some Chicago/Illinois people in in the later slot in August. This is too jammed up in June. Any takers? If I get a couple of Illinois people to allow the later time slot, I would love to do the western people who have requested appointments. That would put you back in too, Busberd.
Colin
That sounds good! if you can make my day fall on a Monday, I will be free all day. (I work tues-sun).
What is the cost these days??
BusBerd
1977 VW Westfalia Campmobile
2.0L Engine
Fuel Injected
Manual Transmission

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:20 am

BusBerd wrote: What is the cost these days??
Read the Itinerary Speil. I never answer directly. I help you learn to think, to quest for your own answers, why would I just tell you that it is $380.00 for the day?
Colin

the sage
Bus Ad Archivist

Post by the sage » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:09 am

Colin,

Despite the miscommunication last year, I have PM'd you about this year. It appears you are 10 miles from me with another Sage Green bus owner in August. I will get a deposit to you to avoid any misunderstanding.

I look forward to you looking over the bus post restoration, and perhaps spending time on a complete engine rebuild for one of the the other dozen project I have going...

Sage
1977 Sage Deluxe Campermobile

Visit VW Sage Ad World Today!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:35 pm

the sage wrote:Colin,

Despite the miscommunication last year, I have PM'd you about this year. It appears you are 10 miles from me with another Sage Green bus owner in August. I will get a deposit to you to avoid any misunderstanding.

I look forward to you looking over the bus post restoration, and perhaps spending time on a complete engine rebuild for one of the the other dozen project I have going...

Sage
Sounds good. Elk Rapids to Traverse City MI August 26 and 28.
Colin

kinewords
I'm New!

SoCal Stop

Post by kinewords » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:13 pm

Hey Colin. I sent you a PM, but figured I'd ante up on this string as well.

I'd like to getcha to stop by in Huntington Beach this summer...to spend some QT with the two-eyed, one-horned, cruising purple people seater.

B

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Re: SoCal Stop

Post by LiveonJG » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:39 pm

kinewords wrote:Hey Colin. I sent you a PM, but figured I'd ante up on this string as well.

I'd like to getcha to stop by in Huntington Beach this summer...to spend some QT with the two-eyed, one-horned, cruising purple people seater.

B
Welcome to the forum.

Long live the purple buses!

-John
Keep it acoustic.