Itinerary As Of 10/25/08

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: SoCal Stop

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:21 pm

kinewords wrote:Hey Colin. I sent you a PM, but figured I'd ante up on this string as well.

I'd like to getcha to stop by in Huntington Beach this summer...to spend some QT with the two-eyed, one-horned, cruising purple people seater.

B
PM over on theSamba? Nothing showed up here. . . .

So, yes, I'd be happy to do Huntington Beach, got you down for the 21st but it is flexible a couple of days each way. Please PM me with your list of concerns from most-important to least-important, tell me what you'd like to learn and what your current aptitude is, your work environment, and your dreams for the bus this week, road warrior or weekend putterer.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Quadratrückseite
IAC's #1 Cubs Fan
IAC's #1 Cubs Fan

Post by Quadratrückseite » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:07 am

Hey Colin,
I sent you a PM about a visit to good ol' NC in October.
Thanks,
Steve
"The bus is the real talisman. It's the thing that runs through all of this history. It's not a thing anybody owns or controls. No matter how peeved you get with people, the bus always makes your heart jump. Everybody was attached to it."
- Ken Kesey

Steve
1978 Country Homes Camper conversion - "Gus"

http://gusthevwbus.com
http://freshandmodern.com/blog

sad_rocc
I'm New!

Post by sad_rocc » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:19 am

I've been following this thread for some time and had some questions about your apparent travel changes. Since you'll be in NY at the start of the trip, are you hitting the upstate regions during that time period? I noticed you have CT on your list early on. I also saw you still have NY area toward the end of your trip in Sept. Is that still a go? On the 1st page, there's a $100 deposit and then it says $280 payable at the end of the day. So, do I read it correctly as a grand total of $380?

As much as I want/need this service, I don't think I'm going to be able to swing it financially. However if you find yourself in the Albany, NY area, you're welcome to a warm bed in a big house and a home-cooked meal should it fit into your plans. Got a laundry room as well that you'd be welcome to have at.

barrysmith
I'm New!

Post by barrysmith » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:57 pm

Colin I sent a Samba PM today but maybe better stated here on your forum (duhh).I would like a visit (at least one day) between your stop @ Garland TX on Aug 10 and your stop Aug 15 in KC. I will link you to some photos and maybe a video showing my bus condition and with my goals shortly.Thanks. I am at Wilburton OK 74578 and will provide accommodations.
deposit sent :)

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:37 pm

sad_roc, barrysmith, welcome to the forum.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:33 pm

barrysmith wrote:Colin I sent a Samba PM today but maybe better stated here on your forum (duhh).I would like a visit (at least one day) between your stop @ Garland TX on Aug 10 and your stop Aug 15 in KC. I will link you to some photos and maybe a video showing my bus condition and with my goals shortly.Thanks. I am at Wilburton OK 74578 and will provide accommodations.
deposit sent :)
Please PM me here on the IAC with your List of Concerns from most-important to least-important, what you'd like to learn, what your current aptitude is, your work environment (rainy day issues), and whether or not you want your bus to be a Road Warrior or Weekend Putterer.
Colin

VWBusrepairman
IAC Addict!

Post by VWBusrepairman » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:57 pm

Amskeptic wrote: Please PM me here on the IAC with your List of Concerns from most-important to least-important, what you'd like to learn, what your current aptitude is, your work environment (rainy day issues), and whether or not you want your bus to be a Road Warrior or Weekend Putterer.
Colin
which headliner for sunroof bus and which vendor? MAMotorworks, I assume? No mohair here, just the vinyl dots, man. Leave it in tact or have it removed when you get here?

(I can't believe I'm actually following up on this type of repair)

p.s. I want my bus to be sexy.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

VWBusrepairman wrote:
which headliner for sunroof bus and which vendor? MAMotorworks, I assume? just the vinyl dots, man. Leave it intact or have it removed when you get here?
(I can't believe I'm actually following up on this type of repair)
VWBRM, I will be doing the headliner on the Squareback in the next week, my very first. If I botch it beyond all recognition, we won't even think about yours.

If I don't botch it, you will need to remove visors, mirror, grab handles, interior lights, tailgate hinge covers, windshield, all stationary windows except the hatch and sliding door, all perimeter interior panels and rear seats, shoulder belt anchors, sliding section of sunroof. You will need billions of small clamps, several aerosol cans of heavy super adhesive, a couple or three cans of GumOut, a couple of modest little paintbrushes that will be ruined when we're done, a heat gun or hefty hair dryer, no rain and particularly no rain. You will have to be very self-initiating and plan on investing time holding vinyl to the pinchwelds around the window openings. You will need to be handy with scissors, we have to cut little v-notches to get the vinyl to walk around the window edges with no wrinkles. I am a nutcase perfectionist when it comes to perfect headliners.
Colin

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:18 pm

Chop, chop, Repairman.

VWBusrepairman
IAC Addict!

Post by VWBusrepairman » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:47 am

chitwnvw wrote:Chop, chop, Repairman.
I feel as if the sunroof headliner will be the very job that puts me on the fifth floor.* Maybe we can make a little video of this procedure so you will all get a few laughs...

*Fifth floor is dedicated to the stress center at Bloomington Hospital.

Adventurewagen
IAC Addict!

Post by Adventurewagen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:23 am

I'm still open anytime in end of June/July timeframe if you got a day. (Seattle, if you don't remember!)

Thanks,
Evan
63 Gulf Blue Notch
71 Sierra Yellow Adventurewagen
DjEep wrote:Velo? Are you being "over-run"? Do you need to swim through a sea of Mexican anchor-babies to get to your bus in the morning?
:wav:

bretski
Ellipsis-Meister
Ellipsis-Meister

Coming to Colorado?

Post by bretski » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:10 am

Hi Colin,

Haven't been on IAC in a few months, but am interested in a return visit this summer. Let me know if Colorado is on the itinerary!

Best,
-Bret
1978 Deluxe Westfalia - "Klaus"

"transcripts are overrated. hardware store receipts: those are useful." --skin daddio

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Re: Coming to Colorado?

Post by LiveonJG » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:57 pm

bretski wrote:Hi Colin,

Haven't been on IAC in a few months, but am interested in a return visit this summer. Let me know if Colorado is on the itinerary!

Best,
-Bret
Welcome back Bret! Going to Maupin?

-John
Keep it acoustic.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:35 pm

Adventurewagen wrote:I'm still open anytime in end of June/July timeframe if you got a day. (Seattle, if you don't remember!)

Thanks,
Evan
June 19th. Yeah? Send deposit. Unmarked unserialized bills noone followin you or the goldfish gets it. . .
Tony
Itinerant "Help" Desk

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Coming to Colorado?

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:03 pm

bretski wrote:Hi Colin,

Best,
-Bret
As of right now, it is not. But we have plenty of people who have not paid their deposits, so things might look up for you after May 7, we call dat IAC Short Pier Day bring your own concrete flip flops and we give ya free swimmin lessons, kapische?
Vito
IAC "Help" Desk