Yellowstone Lake

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

sped372
IAC Addict!

Yellowstone Lake

Post by sped372 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:52 am

No, not that Yellowstone, the one is SW Wisconsin. Had a nice relaxing weekend. Feels good to be out and about again.

This park is hilly. We didn't have much luck panfishing but the swimming area was refreshing and the sites were spaced decently. Many were very steep and/or unlevel, though, making it tough to pick one out for sleeping in a vehicle (bus).
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:06 am

It's alive! :cheers:
Man that pic makes me want to sneeeeeeeeeeeze, ragweed Midwest.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:52 am

Nice to see others going into the wild, do you have more pictures?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

yondermtn
Old School!

Post by yondermtn » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:09 am

We went there pre-vw bus. Took one of the walk-in sites. Very cool area and remote. Plus, all those bat boxes kept the mosquitoes down.
1977 Westy 2.0FI
1990 Vanagon MV 2.1 Auto

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:25 am

yondermtn wrote:We went there pre-vw bus. Took one of the walk-in sites. Very cool area and remote. Plus, all those bat boxes kept the mosquitoes down.
Speaking of bats... we had one smack into the canvas the first night. I heard it fly into the pop top and then scurry around on the roof for a while. It jumped off and I heard thwack-a-wack-a-ck-ck-ck-ck-ck as the radio antenna vibrated back and forth. He must not have been able to see it on his "radar" and flew into it as he headed off. Poor guy.
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:29 am

Sylvester wrote:Nice to see others going into the wild, do you have more pictures?
Nothing exciting, unfortunately. This weekend is Governor Dodge, though and the one after that is an extended trip further north to a couple parks that have waterfalls. I'm sure I'll have more photo ops. I'm glad summer is underway.
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX