Back to the Islands for Sylvester and the Crewe

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Back to the Islands for Sylvester and the Crewe

Post by Sylvester » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:28 am

Arr, my boys, the wife and I went back to the Islands of Lake Lanier two weeks ago, late post but I was debating to post and decided to anyway. We got to the campground after it had rained, and the temps started to drop. We had half the park to ourselves, and all lakefront.

This was the view. Front row fishing.

My little buddy unpacks the camper. He loved every bit of this campout.

I think I packed more than usual this time, it took hours to set up, must get more basic like Ruckman.

Me and the boys cooking and doing smores. Well, my little one just liked burning the marshmallows, but that is OK, I was a pryo maniac when I was young too.

We cooked up a mess of vittles, my wife is a great cook anywhere, I have a tendency to just heat a can of Ravioli ala Boy Scout training.

Nothing like a pop top.

Temps dropped to the low 30's, not horrible but I didn't pack a lot of cold weather stuff. It was cold, period and the wind was howling, but the next day it was great. Next day was the fishing day!

I call this my Opie shot. Short walk to the fishing pier.

Only caught two fish, but they were decent bluegill. And no, we did not eat them, really I hate fish myself. We had a great time even if we were not in the middle of pristine woods ya'll have in the PNW chapter. I take what I can get. Now I have to find a new place, this place is getting old, but they have lots to do in the summer for kids, so we will be back.

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

poptop tom
Old School!

Post by poptop tom » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:44 am

Great pics and looks like you all had a blast!

My gf's Aunt lives a couple hundred yards off Lake Lanier. We were there overnight three weeks ago, while on our way to Florida for spring break.

The water is still very chilly at Lake Lanier!
Mr. Blotto wrote, "Boy - thanks for the offer, but a month in poptop tom's world means 5 years"

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:50 am

poptop tom wrote:Great pics and looks like you all had a blast!

My gf's Aunt lives a couple hundred yards off Lake Lanier. We were there overnight three weeks ago, while on our way to Florida for spring break.

The water is still very chilly at Lake Lanier!
It is, I though of canoeing until I remembered how frigging cold it would be if you tipped. I would chance it, but not with the wife and boys.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.