LEAKOIL on the Islands

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sean Gallagher
Addicted!

LEAKOIL on the Islands

Post by Sean Gallagher » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:48 pm

Thought I'd update you on some midwest activities. LEAKOIL is our local group, "Lake Erie Area Kombi Owners Involvement League". We have events throughout the year, but two events are kind of unique. Over Columbus Day weekend in October we travel by ferry to Kelleys Island in Lake Erie for a weekend campout. You can view the results here: http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=703

In the first weekend of November we travel to South Bass Island (Put-N-Bay) by ferry in Lake Erie for an end of the year campout before the lake, and us, freeeze! You can see the results here: http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=781

Hope you enjoy the photos and buses!

EZ Gruv
Getting Hooked!

Post by EZ Gruv » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:57 pm

Awesome club name!
77 Westy
74 Super Beetle

Oregon72
IAC Addict!

Post by Oregon72 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:18 pm

That looks like a really fun time - quite a turnout too.

I agree --coolest club name ever. :cheers:
-'72 Westy-

Sean Gallagher
Addicted!

Post by Sean Gallagher » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Appreciate those kind words. VWlover77 (Don) is an active member of our club. Anyone is welcome to join. We know he just lost his Dad so we're all thinking about him and his family.

We do have shirts and stickers and stuff, but we're not really into selling stuff. I should say, that despite our name, were pretty environmental. Here's our logo...

We'll be making a home brew this winter. (We hope). Here you go...

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:24 am

Geez that's a hell of an oil leak, it almost eclipses the bus.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:01 pm

1. I have a LEAKOIL sticker on my Bus.
2. I HAVE camped on South Bass and drank at the Round Bar!
3. I have been on Kelly's Island more than once, even for a wedding!

I too am cool, yes?

[albumimg]1343[/albumimg]
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:38 pm

Glad to see you guys and gals out camping and organizing....tis a good thing! I want one of those stickers...with the keg. Clifford the Big Red Bus (aka Happy Camper) will wear it proudly....and I could represent your Northwest contingency of "members" :geek:
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

Vdubtech
IAC Addict!

Post by Vdubtech » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:07 pm

Hey Sean, I know a few LEAKOIL members make it to the Dixie Bus Gathering in August every year.....do you ever make it? Hard to tell, since you bastards all keep to yourselves in a corner of the campground....except for Howie of course....he and I closed out Saturday night this year by the fire...just him and I were left at 2 in the morning. I will make the Kelley's Island campout one of these years, I hear it's a great time. I have to say though...you haven't seen cold camping yet. Get that Bus out in February for the True Canadian Winter Bus Campout in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. This my friend is cold camping.

For the record--I slept in the tent. I'm planning to go again this year in the RustyBus with my Father behind me in his newly aquired '78 Westy.

Sean Gallagher
Addicted!

Post by Sean Gallagher » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:06 am

We're really not cool and we only keep to ourselves to stay away from Howie! :joker: (Howie is a great guy).

We don't have the keg stickers (yet).

Someone has the other stickers somewhere.

The Roundhouse on the island was closed for the season, but it is a cool old place.