Nova Scotia evolutionists?

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

grandfatherjim
Addicted!

Nova Scotia evolutionists?

Post by grandfatherjim » Mon May 18, 2009 8:13 pm

Wondering if there are any east coast of Canada people on here.
We're planning a 3 week trip down east this summer and I see this music festival:

http://www.evolvefestival.com/

near Antigonish that fits into our schedule. Looks like what we're into.

Bus friendly? Worth it?

Kinda pricey so wanted to check ahead....

Tx,
JW[/url]

Emily's Owner
Old School!

Post by Emily's Owner » Mon May 18, 2009 10:39 pm

This would be fun to go to (well, I think it would be fun)...

http://www.antigonishhighlandgames.ca/
Margaret

Lead me not into temptation...... Oh hell, who are we kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Tue May 19, 2009 6:06 am

Never been to that festival but have been to Cape Breton twice. In total we've spent almost a month there. There are music festivals everywhere although most are traditional music. We love Cape Breton and if Canada would have us would retire there.

grandfatherjim
Addicted!

Post by grandfatherjim » Tue May 19, 2009 6:59 pm

Emily's Owner wrote:This would be fun to go to (well, I think it would be fun)...

http://www.antigonishhighlandgames.ca/
Yes, I live in an area where there are a number of these (not that area though) and have gone quite a few times. They're great - if and only if you like bagpipes. Ya either luvem or hatem. I fall in the former category; they send shivers up my spine woo-hoo. Especially when all the competing bands gather and play at once. Must be something genetic, an ancient Scottish neuron re-firing after generations of laying dormant just waiting for its rude awakening.

I said to my kids once, as we listened to the massed bands: "imagine you're a Roman soldier camping out and you wake up one morning and hear THAT coming at you from over the hill! What would you do?" My son said said simply "run!"

grandfatherjim
Addicted!

Post by grandfatherjim » Tue May 19, 2009 7:01 pm

RussellK wrote:Never been to that festival but have been to Cape Breton twice. In total we've spent almost a month there. There are music festivals everywhere although most are traditional music. We love Cape Breton and if Canada would have us would retire there.
They'd take you. Just tell them your name is MacKeigan or MacDonald and learn to talk halfway like a Newfie and there you be.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Wed May 20, 2009 5:42 am

grandfatherjim wrote:
RussellK wrote:Never been to that festival but have been to Cape Breton twice. In total we've spent almost a month there. There are music festivals everywhere although most are traditional music. We love Cape Breton and if Canada would have us would retire there.
They'd take you. Just tell them your name is MacKeigan or MacDonald and learn to talk halfway like a Newfie and there you be.
All I have to do is mention Cape Breton at home and I'll hear the Barra MacNeils for a week loud enough I can hear as I turn the corner. I'm in on my maternal grandmother's side and we have the half speak down.