deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Y..yo...you..you bought that trailer for $200? Find me one please :bounce:
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:34 pm

Glad you're not repainting the trailer. That green has character. Plus green is my favorite color....all good!
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:33 am

MeyerII wrote:The bored woman behind the glass took the title that had $200 written on it, asked me for $65 and handed me a license plate. Didn't ask to see a sellers report or a bill of sale or anything. Didn't ask any questions at all. 
I've experienced this too. It seems the personal ambition or otherwise, how the Department of Licensing Sub-Agent's employee is feeling that day goes a long way in determining how the statutes are applied.

I have the best luck at the Ballard sub-agent office. They seem to have the most apathetic employees. The Factoria office had way too many Type-A's and wanted all kinds of affidavits, etc. as to the value of the vehicle. :pale:
- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:21 pm

dtrumbo wrote:
MeyerII wrote:The bored woman behind the glass took the title that had $200 written on it, asked me for $65 and handed me a license plate. Didn't ask to see a sellers report or a bill of sale or anything. Didn't ask any questions at all. 
I've experienced this too. It seems the personal ambition or otherwise, how the Department of Licensing Sub-Agent's employee is feeling that day goes a long way in determining how the statutes are applied.

I have the best luck at the Ballard sub-agent office. They seem to have the most apathetic employees. The Factoria office had way too many Type-A's and wanted all kinds of affidavits, etc. as to the value of the vehicle. :pale:
Ha! I had the same experience with Factoria when I brought my '63 camper over from BC. They made it as difficult and as expensive as they possibly could. This time, I went to the one in Kent. No muss, no fuss, no problem.

Corporations are not people.

Money is not speech.