Summer 2017

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

sped372
IAC Addict!

Summer 2017

Post by sped372 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:58 pm

I feel guilty, I really do, for the lack of posts I have made to this forum. My life has been a whirlwind of parenthood over the past couple years and something has to fall through the cracks. The past summer found us getting back out and about, not quite to our previous levels but still moreso than what was possible even a year earlier. We spent over three weeks (cumulatively) in the Van this year and I count that as a personal victory. The kids (2 and 3 y/o) are wonderful and love the outdoors, I couldn't ask for anything more. They just don't leave much free time for forum discussions or documentation. Anyway, I feel blessed to still be out making memories in a VW and wish the same for everyone else!
DSC_4125 (Medium).JPG
DSC_5369bw (Medium).jpg
DSC_5647 (Medium).JPG
DSC_4444 (Medium).JPG
DSC_5695a (Medium).jpg
DSC_5691a (Medium).jpg
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Re: Summer 2017

Post by Jivermo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:51 am

Terrific! Great pics. I spent 6 weeks traveling in an ‘87 Vanagon through the Southwest, early this year. It is a wonderful camping and road vehicle.

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:10 am

great pics sped, same sentiment here- the bus provides such a nice cozy space for our family to bond..
helen3.jpg
helen.jpg
North of Helen Ga for a baseball camping trip 2 weeks ago, It was fun having the engine on my driveway with colin 1 day and driving down 5 miles of dirt roads the next!

WYOMING.jpg
Westy we rented in colorado a about a month ago- this pic is in medicine bow, wyoming

E.jpg
clarks hill lake

blueridge.jpg
blueridge, ga

Ga.jpg
table rock, NC
60 beetle
78 bus

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:28 am

I miss our Bus but the extra space in the Vanagon really makes things 'easier' for the four of us. Having a fridge isn't too bad either! :)
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

drober23
Addicted!

Post by drober23 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:28 am

Thanks for sharing!
DJ

'75 Westfalia, '79 Deluxe
(plus more busses than sense)

In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey