Blair Lake?

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Re: Blair Lake?

Post by LiveonJG » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Have bass, will travel. I'm in. Are we doing a meet up in Eugene?
Keep it acoustic.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:59 am

Yeah man! I should be passing thru Little Portland around noon if you can get out a little early. If not then I'll see you up there.

According to the weather report the snow will be changing to rain any day now so we should be OK. We shall see.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Yeah, my buddy was up at the pass yesterday and said there were 3" slush drifts in the parking lot of the ski hill that were quickly washing away.

John! Good to here yer comin'! Been too long. Go Giants! 0-0 as of right now...

So we have me, ham, skin, liveon, mike, hopefully sluggo...anyone else? Some friends might make a cameo with a boat or two on Saturday. Colllllllld sailing!

Also, I think we should all bring a little dry wood. Plenty of wood to gather, but nothing like some split, dry wood to stoke the fire on a cold night. If we all bring an armload we should be fine. And tarps. Shantytown!

Should I bring some chili makin's? Could warm us up.... or backfire as the sweat freezes to our brows.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:14 am

All road condition worries are over. :bobd:

http://www.trackvehicletech.com/4x4-veh ... stems.html
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

hambone

Post by hambone » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:21 pm

This weekend up at Whale Head in the Clackamas: snow began at 3700', impassible at 3800' (maybe with chains, but it was getting gnarly and I got stuck for 1/2 hour digging myself out).
I'm sure most of it is gone now with the warm rain. However, although it is 60 here in Portland, it never made it above 40 deg. at 3600'. It was freakin cold and wet and I only stayed a night.

after getting her unstuck

at 3600' overlooking the Clackamas and the end of the Roaring River

Whale Camp

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Niccce.

Yeah, all snow is washed away at the pass now

Xelmon
Sedna of VW lovers

Post by Xelmon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 am

Ugh... Guys, as I have alluded to before it most definitely looks like I won't be attending this camp-out.

I will miss camping with ya guys.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:09 am

Ten4 Xel. I think you earned some extra credit on the last one anyway.

hambone

Post by hambone » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Any of you guys able to get out early on Friday? I have also considered leaving Portland on Thurs nite, maybe sleeping in a driveway. I guess it would be pointless if you all have to work the next day.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:00 pm

I should be able to get out of here at 1pm. I guarantee Skin has some driveway space for ya, I'll even join y'all by the fire.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:12 pm

sounds good, all are welcome.

hambone

Post by hambone » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:56 pm

Let me see. I may have to leave Friday morn. In that case I'd meet y'all in Eugene.
thank you thank you

Blair forecast:
Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.

Saturday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
Saturday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.

Sunday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58.
damn youuuuu Sunday

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:34 pm

Sounds great!

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:06 pm

Anyone mind reposting the directions?
Keep it acoustic.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:52 am

I-5 to Exit 188, OR58. Take 58 into Oakridge. There is one stoplight in Oakridge, in front of the "Ray's". Turn left there and go over the bridge. Turn right at the stop sign, onto Main. Follow main out of town, stopping at the "Brewers Union" on the left just at the end of town for hand pumped cask ales and tasty vittles if you're wanting. Main turns into Salmon Creek, which is a paved, two-lane forest byway. After about 8 miles, slow for the "One Lane Road Ahead" sign and be careful navigating the walled-off slide it references. About a quarter mile past the slide it's a left onto 1934. Follow 1934 for about 8-9 miles to a right at the fork onto 733, there will be signs pointing towards the lake. 1934 is the obvious "main road" and the only real questionable forks are about 5 miles in @ 1931, stay right, there's a sign too, about 7 miles in @ 730, it switches back and up to the right, stay left, and @ 733, it goes right, 1934 drops to the left, follow the sign right up 733 and into the campground.