Mr Blotto
IAC Addict!

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings From Battle Creek MI

Post by Mr Blotto » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:00 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Bookwus wrote:Hiya Colin,
Amskeptic wrote:
Somehow, my body is OK with this.
Change "Somehow" to For now. This will catch up with you.
Who sez? Other than recent back pain episodes, energy is good.
You give short shrift to the element of joy on your health. Try walking under the stars, breathing in the clean desert air, waking to a whole day (or a few hundred of 'em) of your own making. . . Last Wal-Mart blood pressure check was 123/74 resting pulse of 72 with a cup of Starbucks in my other hand. Tri-glycerides were 190 ( a little not good), and blood sugar was 89.
Thanks for your concern. . . . :blackeye:
Colin
Colin is an Itinerant Blood-Cooled mechanism... :pirate:
1978 Sage Green Westy - 2.0 FI - SOLD WITH 109887 miles :-(

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:17 pm

I'm intersecting with Colin's travels late this afternoon and intend to treat him to a proper meal at a sit-down restaurant. The end result will probably be higher cholesterol and triglycerides for both of us! :geek:
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:04 pm

vwlover77 wrote:I'm intersecting with Colin's travels late this afternoon and intend to treat him to a proper meal at a sit-down restaurant.
Careful, it might kill him. My wife made him a sandwich while he was here that he begrudgingly ate (yeah, it was made on wheat bread and had turkey and avocado on it--weird healthy shit). He looked a little distraught afterwards. :blackeye:
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

Bookwus
IAC Addict!

Post by Bookwus » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:25 pm

Hiya Colin,

I still maintain that "THIS" will catch up with you.

An analogy perhaps?

Think about a Bus being gassed up with the cheapest stuff. Probable water contamination in the station's tanks and crud in the bottom of the tank. (Not so far out when you consider the general state of environmental regulations when these busses were new) Not changing/cleaning out the air filter on a regular basis.

This may not seriously affect the performance in the short run, but it would seem that this would not be the recipie for a healthy engine in the long run.
I have cancer.

It does not have me.

iwantmybustorun
Addicted!

Post by iwantmybustorun » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:17 pm

Bookwus wrote: I still maintain that "THIS" will catch up with you.

This may not seriously affect the performance in the short run, but it would seem that this would not be the recipie for a healthy engine in the long run.
The guy smokes cigarettes. Give it up and leave em' alone. You're not going to win.
73 Westy
Weber single progressive
[Crane ignition system out]
SVDA and points

Bookwus
IAC Addict!

Post by Bookwus » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:22 pm

Hiya Iwant,

Never had the least hope of "winning". But let's face it, we all know about conservation of our precious resources. I'd maintain that, to our community, Colin is a precious resource. Just trying to keep ol' Colin "green" and healthy.

Besides, the guy is out on the road for an extended amount of time and he's been away from home and hearth. He NEEDS somebody to nag him a little bit.
I have cancer.

It does not have me.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:35 pm

I gave him a bag of tomatoes when he was in Portland so I know what ya mean. Gramma shows up in strange places!
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:41 pm

Oh never mind , My post just got deleted and all I was trying to say is that I was glad Colin found his roots and no longer felt he was a "Blue Blood " from the upper east coast.
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:37 pm

What an evening! We met at "Max and Erma's" in Fairlawn, Ohio at about 5:40PM. It's 11:20PM now and I just got home!

I drove my '71 Beetle Convertible to meet up with him, and of course he took it for a test drive and found a too-loose steering box which he fixed right on the spot! Wait Colin, we're supposed to be having dinner, not working on my VW!!!

He then dove under his Bus while I sawed the steering wheel back and forth as he searched for the source of "click" and "clunk" noises in the steering mechanism. Suffice it to say that he's not happy with his aftermarket steering components. The steering box itself may be getting tired too (can't imagine why)!

Finally, we went in for dinner. Wow. Conversing with Colin makes me feel like I've been sleepwalking most of my life. He has incredible experiences, insights, and ideas.

One idea he put forth: One power we all have to make a difference in the world is to give someone else an unexpected, positive surprise.

Pretty cool stuff. Goodnight!
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

iwantmybustorun
Addicted!

Post by iwantmybustorun » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:13 am

Bookwus wrote:I'd maintain that, to our community, Colin is a precious resource. Just trying to keep ol' Colin "green" and healthy.
I agree. I just didn't feel this argument was worth the keystrokes cuz he ain't gonna change. and if you did get him to reconsider his diet I seriously doubt he would quit smoking.
:flower:
73 Westy
Weber single progressive
[Crane ignition system out]
SVDA and points

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:08 pm

Elwood wrote:Oh never mind , My post just got deleated and all I was trying to say is that I was glad Colin found his roots and no longer felt he was a "Blue Blood " from the upper east coast.
What post got deleted?

You, Barb, came up in our conversation last night. I had to acknowledge that your intuition is often spot-on and your plucky spirit is not ever to be underestimated. That said, yer also a bit nuts, it shows up in your typing.
So, you were right about a few things but I am never going to admit it.
ColinNot BlueBloodBut RedBlood :flower:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles