NH based '78 Westy, 2.0 - f/i needs new home!

Buy & Sell all your Air-Cooled vehicles here! VW, Porsche, etc...

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic, bretski

midatlanticys
Addicted!

NH based '78 Westy, 2.0 - f/i needs new home!

Post by midatlanticys » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:23 am

Hi all, we are turning a page in life and our '78 camper needs new stewards.

Good solid unmolested original bus, very reliable with no major jobs needed other than the pax side battery tray. Originally a Nevada bus, then Georgia - we've owned Bussy for 10 yrs and toured every summer for 4 to 8 weeks with no major problems. She's had 2 visits with Colin and we would love to see her remain in the IAC family. New owners will be obliged to take a full day with Colin in 2020 or else pay the price for their disregard!

Some of the relevant bus details from our 2009 purchase are outlined here: https://www.itinerant-air-cooled.com/vi ... php?t=6523 All required & suggested work at the time was accomplished by Dave McCutcheon & Kevin Smith @ DTM Engineering in Stockbridge, Georgia.

If you are looking for a show bus, don't bother, if you want a turn key daily runner w/ solid bones & virtually rust free you won't be disappointed.

We still call the Azores home and will be back at the bus next Wed/Aug 7 in the NH seacoast area - 1 hour N. of Boston. We intend to make this year's 4 week journey west towards VT, upper NY state, Niagra and towards Michigan UP via S. Bruce Peninsula and Manitoulin Island, Ontario & then back to NH via Trans Canadian & Montreal. Will gladly meet up with any IAC members with interest along those routes or who want to see/drive the bus for other IAC members further afield.

All reasonable offers on price considered if consistent with current values.

Thank you for looking!
"The sad thing about governments is that in every single case, government formed by the people eventually becomes so large it begins to prey upon the people who created it.” -- B. Hoover

tommu
Old School!

Re: NH based '78 Westy, 2.0 - f/i needs new home!

Post by tommu » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:55 am

This post needs pictures!

midatlanticys
Addicted!

Post by midatlanticys » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Thks Tommu, you are sooooo correct!! Let me see what I can dig up!
"The sad thing about governments is that in every single case, government formed by the people eventually becomes so large it begins to prey upon the people who created it.” -- B. Hoover

midatlanticys
Addicted!

Post by midatlanticys » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:37 pm

Here's a taste - please bear in mind, we last saw the bus on our Aug/Sept 2018 sojourn with no intention of selling, so, not much in the way of close ups & specifics here. Sorry! We will be reunited w/ Bussy this Thursday/8 Aug and can post additional pics as desired. PM me the specifics you want to see & I'll share them here. The Nevada & Georgia plates are from 2009-2013, NH plates 2013 to present. I have titles from NH & GA. Works list at the moment includes a) recommissioning the 2nd battery w/ Blue Sea split charge solenoid and the charger/inverter. Fridge worked well on batt or OG shore cable in 2017. b) replace pax side battery tray and corner panel/WW parts are in hand c) patch holes in pop up canvas or replace. d) treat slight rust at windshield & rear door window e) there's more I'm sure, but that's what I remember after 11 months.
Again, thanks for looking. =D>
Attachments
DSCN6667.JPG
DSCN6667.JPG (1.19 MiB) Viewed 11246 times
DSCN6665.JPG
DSCN6665.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 11246 times
DSCN6664.JPG
DSCN6664.JPG (1.11 MiB) Viewed 11246 times
DSCN6656.JPG
DSCN6656.JPG (1.21 MiB) Viewed 11246 times
56-DSC02952.jpg
56-DSC02952.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 11246 times
42-20140927_080413.jpg
42-20140927_080413.jpg (674.86 KiB) Viewed 11246 times
009.JPG
009.JPG (1.35 MiB) Viewed 11246 times

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:19 pm

midatlanticys wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:23 am
Hi all, we are turning a page in life and our '78 camper needs new stewards.
New owners will be obliged to take a full day with Colin in 2020 or else pay the price for their disregard!
Aw good for you!
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

midatlanticys
Addicted!

Post by midatlanticys » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:53 pm

Thank you Colin, We are currently in mid-state NY & headed shortly back East to see a couple of interested candidates for stewardship. I sure will miss this beautiful bus and all the joy she has brought to us. I'm also going to miss the chance to spend more days with you at IAC school as well as the amazing pool of kind and talented people in the surrounding community. My hat's off to one and all! =D> =D> =D>

midatlanticys
Addicted!

Post by midatlanticys » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:52 am

Currently in Central Massachusetts headed for the NH Seacoast - anyone w/ ideas who is looking for and will appreciate a solid '78 Westfalia?

Thanks! Happy Labor Day!
cell 603 777 6784

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:10 pm

midatlanticys wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:52 am
Currently in Central Massachusetts headed for the NH Seacoast - anyone w/ ideas who is looking for and will appreciate a solid '78 Westfalia?

Thanks! Happy Labor Day!
cell 603 777 6784

I suppose you could check out local Craig's List WTB ads as you pull in.
Check theSamba WTB ads, as well.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

jimbear
Getting Hooked!

Post by jimbear » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:52 pm

Did this bus ever sell?
'74 Hardtop Westy
Pretty much stock engine setup

midatlanticys
Addicted!

Re: NH based '78 Westy, 2.0 - f/i has new home!

Post by midatlanticys » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:58 am

Hi Jim et al, Yes, sold last October to a young couple in Indiana that appreciate a well founded Westy and will give her a good home, love & shelter. I have nudged them to do themselves a & the bus a favor and get on Colin's 2020 IAC lap of the US.

Time will tell.

Once again, this forum and all the amazing people here made owning a Westy again a real pleasure!

With kind thanks to all and warmest greetings from the "Western Isles."