WTB Bus, Westy or other Camper

Buy & Sell all your Air-Cooled vehicles here! VW, Porsche, etc...

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic, bretski

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Re: WTB Bus, Westy or other Camper

Post by hippiewannabe » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:21 pm

tommu wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:01 pm
It's excellent. No other word for it. It's quite intimidating having something partially restored to such a standard. Service history shows it was last in LA in 1991 before moving to Minnesota. It's back home now!
For the enlightenment and education of the community, are you comfortable sharing the sales price?
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

tommu
Old School!

Post by tommu » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:18 am

hippiewannabe wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:21 pm
For the enlightenment and education of the community, are you comfortable sharing the sales price?
I'll PM you but I'd rather not leave it our there on the internet TBH. There was no public asking price either so I am not sure that this sale would be as helpful to price trends.

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:43 am

tommu wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:18 am
hippiewannabe wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:21 pm
I'll PM you but I'd rather not leave it our there on the internet TBH. There was no public asking price either so I am not sure that this sale would be as helpful to price trends.
OK, no problem. It just bothers my inner capitalist to see how inefficient the bus market is, so trying to do my part. We need data to make it more transparent and fair.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

tommu
Old School!

Post by tommu » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:13 pm

Totally agree. Ascertaining true used car values is really hard without knowing the real sold price. The only place I know to see that is ebay.