UNSUPERBOWL 2013

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Re: UNSUPERBOWL 2013

Post by deschutestrout » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:23 pm

hambone wrote:No Nehalem for me either, kid-duties for the entire weekend. I am bummed! But if I brought her it would be most unpleasant, she doesn't do well camping in the cold and I wouldn't have any fun. :pale: :pale: double-frowny
See you guys at the next ACTUAL camp, most likely in March. Then the Badger Creek camp, whatzits, early April this year???
Crap!
Well that's a MAJOR bummer! Just leave the heat on low and a case of fruit snacks on the counter. She'll be just fine. Won't be the same without ya Bob!
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:44 pm

She'd probably do ok if she had a friend going, but I sure as hell can't handle 2 8 year old girls for a whole weekend! 28 year old girls, maybe. What a difference a space makes....
I will miss all of you like crazy, hopefully it will be a typhoon and I won't miss the weather.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:42 pm

hambone wrote: hopefully it will be a typhoon and I won't miss the weather.
Well, that nice of ya :rr: Wish misery on us because you won't be there.... lips puckered spitting buuuugerrrrs in your direction. Space 23 ... we're all wondering who's there .... 28 year old chicks I'm guessing. I'll tell them all about Hambone, and they'll go into their droopy tent lonely.

Seriously Bob, we're (at least I'm) gonna miss you. Nehalem without Bob is like a day without sunshine :bootyshake:

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Who's going to spur all of us into a "short" walk down the spit? Won't be the same without you Hammy.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

vistacruzer
IAC Addict!

Post by vistacruzer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:41 pm

And a good Camper and Bus story will not be writen. come on BOB
71 bench 1915
70 wide lowered body rag top 2056 type4 DTM nothing stock if I could touch it.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

vistacruzer
IAC Addict!

Post by vistacruzer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm in Yurt #9 if we need pot luck space
71 bench 1915
70 wide lowered body rag top 2056 type4 DTM nothing stock if I could touch it.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:05 pm

hambone wrote:She'd probably do ok if she had a friend going, but I sure as hell can't handle 2 8 year old girls for a whole weekend! 28 year old girls, maybe. What a difference a space makes....
I will miss all of you like crazy, hopefully it will be a typhoon and I won't miss the weather.
Pshawwww, two old air-cooled Volkswagens you can handle, but not two human children who understand the English language? Who would you rather attempt to start on a cold morning?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Two eight-year-old girls would probably steal away for an afternoon of giggling. You might not even know they were there. I used to love it when Ruth had friends over. They'd spend hours in her room and shoo me away when I went to check on them (which meant I got to do a little uninterrupted reading). Emmett and his friends, on the other hand, use entire packages of printer paper to craft origami swords and sheaths and shields, and they jump on the furniture until one of them almost breaks a bone.

(I know that sounds a little sexist, but my kids always did sorta fit the traditional gender roles.)

Cindy
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand

hambone

Post by hambone » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:23 pm

I'm ok around town, but so far away on a "camp" trip would be trouble, especially if the other kid doesn't know me very well. And then how could I drink beer and sing songs? Man it's supposed to be sunny this weekend! Can you believe it?
I can't really afford the trip right now, so this is a blessing in disguise. NOZE TO THE GRINDSTONE (so I can screw off all summer in the wilderness).

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Hoping to still make it. I have a no start issue with the bus. Cleaned all starter and battery connections yesterday and still no go. I'm hoping the Optima is just not quite fully charged. It's showing 12volts but manufacturer says a resting red top should be at least 12.4v. Going to take it in and have a load test done on it today.

hambone

Post by hambone » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:48 pm

It must be the battery - remember, you jumped it with Mark's remote starter. Pesky FI is so fussy about voltage.

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Not sure if I know what I'm talkin' bout here...but I'll try. We jumped it at camp, successfully. The battery may have been totally fine, but attaching the jumper "completed the circuit" so to speak. Is there a way to test if the positive wire is totally intact, and not shorting out somewhere, i.e., rodent chewed on the wire somewhere and it's hitting metal somewhere? I once had a starting problem with my bus, it would jump just fine (battery showed full voltage) and later determined it was a bad positive connection, combined with a dirty ground. Your ground to the tranny solid? Gotta be something simple, I'm thinkin'. Worse case, bring a jumper box wit ya and leave the bus running when you get gas! I'll be carrying mine....... keep us posted!

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:08 pm

Bad battery it is. Was showing a good surface charge but went dead with a load. Hate having to buy another battery but happy it isn't something wrong with the Bus.

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm

:cheers: See ya Friday! We'll have a cold beer or 15 waiting for you :drunken:

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 pm

Note to all ... BRING FIREWOOD!!!! State Parks charges like a buck a stick at the park. IIRC there are a couple of places on the road to and in Nehalem that sell big bundles cheap. We burn LOTS of wood during the keg fest ... especially if it's chilly and raining. Wood, wood, wood.