Volkstock #6 Aug 17-19

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Volkstock #6 Aug 17-19

Post by Hobug » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:30 pm

Once again Volkstock is coming up.We will be pulling a type 4 engine and trans and putting more power in a Splitty bus. We will also be trying to get my Single Cab up and running as well as many other smaller projects. There is a lot of good food, fun, learning, swimming, VW fixing, beer drinking, camping, and a Sunday morning cruise to the Winder Golden Corral for breakfast. Everyone is welcome.

http://www.athensvwclub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1346

http://www.athensvwclub.com/phpBB2/albu ... ?cat_id=58 photos of past volkstocks.
76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug
73 Thing (Type 4 powered)

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: Volkstock #6 Aug 17-19

Post by Sylvester » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:14 am

Hobug wrote:Once again Volkstock is coming up.We will be pulling a type 4 engine and trans and putting more power in a Splitty bus. We will also be trying to get my Single Cab up and running as well as many other smaller projects. There is a lot of good food, fun, learning, swimming, VW fixing, beer drinking, camping, and a Sunday morning cruise to the Winder Golden Corral for breakfast. Everyone is welcome.

http://www.athensvwclub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1346

http://www.athensvwclub.com/phpBB2/albu ... ?cat_id=58 photos of past volkstocks.
Hey HoBug, so this is in Cleveland GA?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hobug » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:44 am

This is in Bethleham GA only a couple of miles from the 316 and Hwy 81 intersection.
One of our club members hosts it at his house. His shop can hold 4 cars at a time and he has a nice big swimming pool for when it too hot. I can post the address if anyone thinks they might join us.
76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hobug » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:44 pm

I am READY .... is it Friday yet?

76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hobug » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Everyone one is invited and welcome to come by for a short visit or the whole weekend. Dinner is provided Friday and Saturday. Sunday breakfast/brunch is at the Winder Golden Corral.

Address:
203 Cole Circle
Bethlehem, GA 30620

(FROM ATHENS):

Take GA-316 W/UNIVERSITY PKWY toward ATLANTA.
Turn LEFT onto LOGANVILLE HWY/GA-81.
Turn LEFT onto BETHEL BOWER RD/BETHEL CHURCH RD. - (0.5 mile)
Turn LEFT onto COLE CIR - "Horizon Pointe Subdivision" - (0.1 mile)
Got to the end of the street to the culdesac (house on the right) - 203 Cole Cir Bethlehem, GA 30620

(FROM ATLANTA):

Take GA-316 E/UNIVERSITY PKWY toward ATHENS.
Turn RIGHT onto LOGANVILLE HWY/GA-81.
Turn LEFT onto BETHEL BOWER RD/BETHEL CHURCH RD. - (0.5 mile)
Turn LEFT onto COLE CIR - "Horizon Point Subdivision'. - (0.1 mile)
Got to the end of the street to the culdesac (house on the right) - 203 Cole Cir Bethlehem, GA 30620

(If LOST ... Call 678/425-0138 or 678/425-7465)
76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hobug » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:19 pm

We had a great weekend and this year was apparently the year of the bus as we had 8 buses there. Here's a few pics.

76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hobug » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:24 pm

I know Sylvester likes the pics.
76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:57 am

Hobug wrote:If you liked those, there are more pics here ---> http://www.athensvwclub.com/phpBB2/view ... &start=105

I know Sylvester likes the pics.
Indeed I do, I should have made it over there HoBug, I have no excuse not to have. Let me know when other events are going on so I can meet some of you, the only interaction I have with the Athens crew was the fellow selling the parts.

Those cupcakes looked cool. How did your time with the single cab go?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hobug » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:29 am

I didn't get as far as I wanted to with the Single Cab, but then I never do get as far as I think I can. We pulled the engine and then I realized to pull the gas tank we had to go in thru the treasure chest. Getting both treasure chest doors open took some time due to rust. (Who would have thought?) Once the doors came open, we remove 20 lbs or more of rust from the treasure chest floor. We pulled the gas tank and found not much floor under it. I moved to the brakes to find that they are too rusty to reuse much more than the springs. Not really too suprising. Tried to start the engine in the stand. It ran for a short burst and then the starter quit on the stand so I had a beer and went for a swim.
76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Hobug wrote:Tried to start the engine in the stand. It ran for a short burst and then the starter quit on the stand so I had a beer and went for a swim.
Now that sound like a popular way to work on a Bus!