2 litre FI stalling problems

Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:25 pm

Scylla wrote:I honestly believed it was going to be a case of buying it and then simply heading off for a camping trip whenever we felt like it, in the same way that I get in my car to drive to work every day and fully expect it to start every time and never break down.
The very good news is that once you get major systems issues like these sorted out, a VW Bus, even a 33 year old one, can be a VERY reliable vehicle. It may leak oil, it may wander in the wind, accessories like the horn or windshield wipers may be finicky, but the car will rarely break down and leave you stranded.
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Mon May 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Scylla wrote:
I know different now, and I realise rather sheepishly that ownership will require that I learn to maintain and nurture the beast myself; how could it be otherwise, with a 33 year old piece of machinery? I now understand that if I want to own and run a Type 2, as I always have done, this is what I have to do. For someone like me, who knows absolutely nothing about how things work, that is quite a daunting prospect. But I like it this way. I feel I'm learning something new and important, about buses but about something else too. I now love my bus even more than I did, even though he's a bit broken at the moment.

I have not been drinking tonight. But I am about to start.

Warms the cockells of my heart.

These understandings will do more for your being than you realize.

Remember that there will be a time when you decide to go camping and you will hop in and turn the key and away you will go. You must first make things ship shape.

Some of the best things in life take time to ripen enough to harvest and reap the benefits...

This bus will love you for your efforts.
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

midatlanticys
Addicted!

Post by midatlanticys » Mon May 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Scylla wrote: For someone like me, who knows absolutely nothing about how things work, that is quite a daunting prospect. But I like it this way. I feel I'm learning something new and important, about buses but about something else too.
Right on Damian! =D> =D> This is the crux of the biscuit! Enjoy being back in school and the pride of bus ownership and learning how to do things for your bus and for yourself!!

Ever meet any of these folks? http://www.thenortheastvwclub.co.uk/index.htm
"The sad thing about governments is that in every single case, government formed by the people eventually becomes so large it begins to prey upon the people who created it.” -- B. Hoover