Gas Pedal Sticking

Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:06 pm

Manfred wrote: I didn't track the cable back to the engine. I wasn't in the mood.
Git in the mood, boy. This crap don't fix itself, ya hear?
Is the cable clamp too taut? Check by loosening the 8mm clamp bolt at the throttle lever while the engine is idling. Sometimes you will see the lever slide back under sopring tension and the idle goes down. Then retighten the clamp. If that doesn't work, remove the clamp, push the cable free of the throttle lever, and go under the bus and yank the cable sleeve down out of the front tin, pull it off the throttle cable tube ahead of the transaxle, and clean and lubricate everything. Replace the cable if the cable needs replacing (broken strands).
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Manfred
Old School!

Post by Manfred » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:05 am

Amskeptic wrote: Git in the mood, boy. This crap don't fix itself, ya hear?
Is the cable clamp too taut? Check by loosening the 8mm clamp bolt at the throttle lever while the engine is idling. Sometimes you will see the lever slide back under sopring tension and the idle goes down. Then retighten the clamp. If that doesn't work, remove the clamp, push the cable free of the throttle lever, and go under the bus and yank the cable sleeve down out of the front tin, pull it off the throttle cable tube ahead of the transaxle, and clean and lubricate everything. Replace the cable if the cable needs replacing (broken strands).
Colin

Yes, sir. Will do, sir. I'm in the mood now, sir. :headbang: