Fuel Lines Help

Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

omacdon2
Getting Hooked!

Fuel Lines Help

Post by omacdon2 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:21 pm

I have a 72' bus and every time I drive it, it smells like gasoline inside the bus especially in 2nd/3rd gears. I think it must be the fuel lines so I'd like to replace them but don't have much experience mechanically. My engine is a Subaru Ej 2.2 and I'm not even sure if the fuel lines are VW or Subaru. Any help you could give me as to which lines I should buy/installation tips would be much appreciated or if anyone is the Boston, MA area and would like to help, it would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
IMG_2431.JPG
A picture of my engine!
IMG_2431.JPG (2.45 MiB) Viewed 2331 times

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Fuel Lines Help

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:10 pm

omacdon2 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:21 pm
I have a 72' bus and every time I drive it, it smells like gasoline inside the bus especially in 2nd/3rd gears. I think it must be the fuel lines so I'd like to replace them but don't have much experience mechanically. My engine is a Subaru Ej 2.2 and I'm not even sure if the fuel lines are VW or Subaru. Any help you could give me as to which lines I should buy/installation tips would be much appreciated or if anyone is the Boston, MA area and would like to help, it would be greatly appreciated!
Good lord, what a view.

Check the *vapor lines* coming in from the side scoops along the ceiling of the engine compartment. They are supposed to go to a charcoal canister then get plumbed to the air filter with a mix of fresh air from the fan housing.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles