LED turn signal issue

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

70Crew
I'm New!

LED turn signal issue

Post by 70Crew » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:19 pm

I recently replaced all my dash lights recently with LEDs from Auto-Hub. Here is a link to the bulbs I used: http://auto-hub.com/bay-window/.

I now have all the LEDs installed and am having one odd issue which I am wondering if anyone else has experienced or has any theories on. My turn signal indicator lights are dimly lit most of the time whenever the car is running. They flash brightly when using the turn signal so in that regard they are working as intended. I say "most of the time" because that is what they do 90% of the time, but sometimes they flicker even brighter or go off completely. I am wondering now if maybe the same thing was happening with the regular bulbs and they were just so dim that I didn't notice them. Anyone else having the same issue? Theories on causes or solutions?

kreemoweet
Getting Hooked!

Re: LED turn signal issue

Post by kreemoweet » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:01 pm

I would suspect the blinker/flasher relay is not keeping the KBL/49a terminal at full voltage, i.e. the supply voltage being fed to one side
of the warning/indicator bulbs. Thus, the small voltage difference will cause the T/S dash bulbs to glow dimly. Do you have a stock 1970
bus flasher relay? Something else?

70Crew
I'm New!

Re: LED turn signal issue

Post by 70Crew » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:28 am

Yes, the TS relay is stock. I can check my parts stash and see if I have another one to swap out and test that theory.