Rusty Nutz is the problem

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

bajaman72
Addicted!

Rusty Nutz is the problem

Post by bajaman72 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:47 pm

I pulled the old motor out already and i'm trying to unbolt the exhaust from the heater boxes... but it's not working. Soaked with PB Blaster and liquid wrench for dayz and still no luck. Any other ideas? I have no torch to heat it up.
Engine is a 1700 from a 1972 Bus. Just trying to get all the tins n stuff off to swap over to another waiting motor. It sat for a while. Had mountains of squirell crap/walnuts/leaves/dirt/ and everything else.

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:08 pm

sounds like you'll need a torch. just get one of those cheapo crackhead torches if you can find one locally, should put out just enough heat to get the job done.

otherwise just give them all a little 'whack' to try and break them free and let them soak another day - might get lucky.
1979 California Transporter

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:31 pm

Heat and tap with a hammer. Nice Bus again.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

bajaman72
Addicted!

Post by bajaman72 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:34 am

Hmm... crack head torch. That had me laughing pretty good. I'll drop by Harbor Freight and get me one of those "crackhead torches"lol

Excuse me maam.. do you have anymore crackhead torches in stock :geek:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:54 pm

bajaman72 wrote:Hmm... crack head torch. That had me laughing pretty good. I'll drop by Harbor Freight and get me one of those "crackhead torches"lol

Excuse me maam.. do you have anymore crackhead torches in stock :geek:
Gotta ask like a crackhead:

"Hey man, yeah you hey, look, I needa little help, I really got to I need a you have to have a you can't not have do you please I need a . . . man, I really need a crackhead tush oh geeze, aahhh shit, oh I'm sorry I need a crackhead torch, haha a torch haha haHA like I'm British, no really no flashlight, a real torch, ohhh man, I know you're not a man, I can hardly breathe."

*(moderator? delete this crack)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles