'78 2.0 FI Stalling Issue

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

westy78socal
I'm New!

'78 2.0 FI Stalling Issue

Post by westy78socal » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:14 pm

My bus is getting tempermental lately. I'll start it and about a minute or so later it will die. I can let it idle or start driving right away and it seems to do it either way. If I let it idle and sort of hit the gas when I sense it starting to die I can keep it going. After its warmed up it seems fine, and it usually starts right back up. Any ideas?

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:32 am

Check the hoses to the AAR. Or the AAR itself.

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:55 am

Also make sure that the AAR is getting the 12 volts of power it wants to see and that the internal resistance of the AAR valve (volt ohm meter between the 2 electrical terminals) is about 30 ohms.

After cleaning yours with Gum Out spray, observe the little door to make sure it opens and closes correctly as you test it between the freezer and the woodstove or hair dryer.

If you need to borrow one to test it, PM me. I can send you one of my spares, but I will need it back.
79 VW Bus

westy78socal
I'm New!

weather

Post by westy78socal » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:25 am

I think it was all the moisture in the air. There would be little pools of water that had accumulated by the back tires, so maybe the moisture got inside the engine. Since it hasn't been so humid, the bus hasn't done it. Thanks for all the ideas.