Sway Bar Mounting Kit from Bus Depot

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Sway Bar Mounting Kit from Bus Depot

Post by RussellK » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:03 pm

The kit consisted of two individual clamps & rubber blocks from different sources.

One side is from Euromax marked made In Mexico and is really poorly made. The rubber does not fit well and the clamps are made of cheap thin metal and are extremely soft. The only thing right is the bolt.

The other side was in a bag marked only with the words premium quality made in Brazil and it matched the original perfectly. I don't understand why Ron would use the Euromax part in the the kit if the other is available.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Sway Bar Mounting Kit from Bus Depot

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:01 am

RussellK wrote:The kit consisted of two individual clamps & rubber blocks from different sources.

One side is from Euromax marked made In Mexico and is really poorly made. The rubber does not fit well and the clamps are made of cheap thin metal and are extremely soft. The only thing right is the bolt.

The other side was in a bag marked only with the words premium quality made in Brazil and it matched the original perfectly. I don't understand why Ron would use the Euromax part in the the kit if the other is available.
Call him and ask. Ask too why he would mix n match different brands in the same kit, that could lead to squirrelly behavior on the road. Dammit cheep crap.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Re: Sway Bar Mounting Kit from Bus Depot

Post by RussellK » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:19 am

Amskeptic wrote:
RussellK wrote:The kit consisted of two individual clamps & rubber blocks from different sources.

Call him and ask. Ask too why he would mix n match different brands in the same kit, that could lead to squirrelly behavior on the road. Dammit cheep crap.
Colin
I had sent an email and while I didn't get an answer why they were using the Mexican part I did get a notice they were shipping a replacement. It came yesterday marked Made in Brazil and matching the original perfectly. It defies the blanket all Brazilian parts are junk statements that I read sometimes. This part is not bad at all.