What film did you rent or see last night?

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Treehive
I'm New!

Re: What film did you rent or see last night?

Post by Treehive » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:31 am

Em and are on a Dylan kick. She is just a casual fan, but i will rectify that. Last night we watched Don't Look Back, a documentary of Dylan's 1965 tour of England. It was his final tour playing all acoustic. The most interesting interactions that Dylan had in this documentary were with reporters who expected Dylan to explain the greater meaning of his life and work in a 3 minute interview. Dylan retorted with the same questions directed at the interviewer who quickly said, "I can't explain all of that to you in such a short time". Dylan peered slyly at the interviewer and responded, "then why do you expect me to answer these questions in the same amount of time". His sarcastic rebellious attitude still reminds me of....well...me....Highly suggested if you are a Dylan fan
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061589/
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

1974 VW Westfalia (The Treehive aka the Hive)

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Treehive wrote:Em and are on a Dylan kick.
Have you see Masked and Anonymous?

Treehive
I'm New!

Post by Treehive » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:23 am

static wrote:
Treehive wrote:Em and are on a Dylan kick.
Have you see Masked and Anonymous?
Not yet, but it is next on the list :rr:
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

1974 VW Westfalia (The Treehive aka the Hive)

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Band of Brothers - I bought the box about 5 years ago and every year or two I sit down and watch it. I have Uncles that fought there and they would never talk about it This is as close as I can get to understanding what they went through

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:26 am

RussellK wrote:Band of Brothers - I bought the box about 5 years ago and every year or two I sit down and watch it. I have Uncles that fought there and they would never talk about it This is as close as I can get to understanding what they went through

I watched those and read the book. Great story.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:41 am

Inside Job.

A documentary on the financial collapse. Very worthy.

http://www.insidejob.com/

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:07 pm

X2

I just watched that too. Highly recommended.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:56 am

I am Legend, I have now seen tow of the three endings. The first was with the hand grenade, this last one was the three of them going to Vermont. I liked this movie, now I have to see the third ending. Poor Sam.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:38 pm

1970's Two Lane Blacktop. Kind of an Easy Rider wannabe, but still fantastic.

neal

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Wed May 04, 2011 8:06 pm

ruckman101 wrote:1970's Two Lane Blacktop. Kind of an Easy Rider wannabe, but still fantastic.

neal
You may also want to add "Vanishing Point" to your queue, if only to see Delaney & Bonnie (though the movie is good as well).

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:56 am

Ooooo, after Corvette Summer, gonna hunt "Vanishing Point" down. "Gumball Rally" is another fave. But "Gumball Rally" is a cartoon in comparison.

This was the second time I've watched "Two Lane Blacktop", and besides the glee factor of seeing "Sweet Baby James" Taylor before he was, and the Beach Boy dude. Too much fun.

Gestalt. Liked the fact that the dialogue, what there was, was incidental. The tale was told visually. With a pesky inconclusive ending. Happy endings are so market group Hollywood pap.

neal

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Thu May 05, 2011 6:14 am

watched Mudhoney again last night- I can watch these russ meyer movies over and over- his fascination with breast and electronics never ceases to amaze.

Great site to watch all kind of movies:
http://veehd.com/search?q=russ+meyer
60 beetle
78 bus

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Thu May 05, 2011 8:19 am

"Rango", in a cineplex in Vegas, baby. What a place to watch THAT movie! :rr: You'll know what I mean if you've seen it.

This is cinema history, friends. The first American-produced animation movie aimed at grownups. Kids will love it, too, but it's intended for adults. The first five minutes alone are worth the price of admission. Absolutely gorgeous sets, incredible characters, great story and teary-eyed funny. Very highly recommended.

Also, at the trade show I sometimes attend for film makers (NAB, the second largest convention in Vegas) I attended a panel discussion with four of the principal FX and animation directors. One of them had done several Star Wars, another did all of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series and a third guy had done pretty well everything, including co-authoring Photoshop. :cheers:

These are VERY skilled film-makers.
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Thu May 05, 2011 9:43 am

ruckman101 wrote:Ooooo, after Corvette Summer, gonna hunt "Vanishing Point" down. "Gumball Rally" is another fave. But "Gumball Rally" is a cartoon in comparison.

This was the second time I've watched "Two Lane Blacktop", and besides the glee factor of seeing "Sweet Baby James" Taylor before he was, and the Beach Boy dude. Too much fun.

Gestalt. Liked the fact that the dialogue, what there was, was incidental. The tale was told visually. With a pesky inconclusive ending. Happy endings are so market group Hollywood pap.

neal
You've got to check out Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat May 14, 2011 2:03 am

Not a movie, but got's to get my Pee Wee Herman in. Playhouse time.

neal