More hubcap art

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:59 pm

The latest, slowed down with the holidays and all, but I am still doing it. I call this "esqueleto del juego de zoot". No idea where it came from, just sort of popped up. Sorry no VW's. that is the next one, a Bay at the Beach.

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

zabo
Old School!

Re: More hubcap art

Post by zabo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:37 pm

was just looking back through these- love this one

some more inspiration:
60 beetle
78 bus

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:39 pm

zabo wrote:was just looking back through these- love this one
That ended up on my son's wall. The younger boy was using it as a sled.
zabo wrote:some more inspiration:
That is why I have a bunch of pictures at the airplane museums I go to. And I have a book on nothing but AF patches from WWII. Still can't paint people.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:19 pm

I did this a few weeks ago, did not finish it and most likely won't. I call it, "Bay Window Beach", or "Ode to the 71".

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:01 pm

You still need hubcaps? I have a bunch of flat VWs that are too far gone. Lemme know, maybe help with postage or somethin'.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:44 am

hambone wrote:You still need hubcaps? I have a bunch of flat VWs that are too far gone. Lemme know, maybe help with postage or somethin'.
Heck yeah! I will be starting up painting again in the winter. I will PM you some information. I miss my painting, it is a calming part of my life that I am currently finding by bike riding. I bought a leather jacket and will painting a WWII theme on it and selling it.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:25 pm

I am back at it, I am painting a Vanagon in the dark while raining. I started it before I went to Afghanistan and am trying to finish it this week. Will have a shot of it soon.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:35 pm

Sylvester wrote:I am back at it, I am painting a Vanagon in the dark while raining. I started it before I went to Afghanistan and am trying to finish it this week. Will have a shot of it soon.
We'll be here. Have you sold any of these?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:14 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Sylvester wrote:I am back at it, I am painting a Vanagon in the dark while raining. I started it before I went to Afghanistan and am trying to finish it this week. Will have a shot of it soon.
Colin
Heck no, it would be like selling your own children.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Sylvester wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
Colin
Heck no, it would be like selling your own children.
That's why I can't seem to sell any of my cars, but sell I must.

Heck, selling your own children can't be that bad. After hearing and watching people at WalMart and McDonalds, you'd think they would be happy to sell them.
Colin

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Here is the Vanagon in the rain, at night. I started this back in 2012, I need to get a little faster like I used to.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:12 pm

Three years and no new posts on this thread! I have been busy, ya know. I do want to ask my fellow VW brethren and sisters, I am in need of more old hubcaps to paint, I am down to two. DO any of you have any VW hubcaps not on a vehicle and taking up space you can spare? Rust and dirty are no problem, I clean them up.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:49 pm

Sylvester wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:12 pm
Three years and no new posts on this thread! I have been busy, ya know. I do want to ask my fellow VW brethren and sisters, I am in need of more old hubcaps to paint, I am down to two. DO any of you have any VW hubcaps not on a vehicle and taking up space you can spare? Rust and dirty are no problem, I clean them up.

Hello Lee,
flat or round? dents a drawback?
Colin

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:18 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:49 pm
Hello Lee,
Colin
Any with dents, rust, flat and round.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:01 pm

Sylvester wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:18 pm
Amskeptic wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:49 pm
Hello Lee,
Colin
Any with dents, rust, flat and round.
I might be able to scarf up a few when I get to Atlanta. My spares for Chloe, though scratched and dinged, have to be available for when the those stupid clips fail.
Colin