Boston Bob

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Boston Bob

Post by Sylvester » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:25 am

For some reason I thought of Bob this morning, hard to believe he passed away 11 years ago. I was actually emailing him about rebuilding Sam’s motor in 2008 when he went quiet. That is when I found out later he had passed away. He was in the words of Jake Raby, the only other person at the time he would trust building a type1 engine. I found this online, the second page does not work.

http://archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/o ... ir_expert/
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Re: Boston Bob

Post by Hobug » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Thanks for posting that link. The second page worked for me. I clicked on the 'continued' rather than the 2.
76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug
73 Thing (Type 4 powered)

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:28 pm

Sylvester wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:25 am
For some reason I thought of Bob this morning, hard to believe he passed away 11 years ago. I was actually emailing him about rebuilding Sam’s motor in 2008 when he went quiet. That is when I found out later he had passed away. He was in the words of Jake Raby, the only other person at the time he would trust building a type1 engine. I found this online, the second page does not work.

http://archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/o ... ir_expert/

The attrition of experts in this community has only continued. We really need to be nice to the up-and-comers so that they may find an interest in continuing the knowledge base to the next generation.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

bradleygt
I'm New!

Post by bradleygt » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:34 am

in 2007 i searched for someone to rebuild my camper's 2 liter hydro fi engine and found Boston Bob- his engine drove me and my family many miles, mostly into the mountains of new mexico- priceless treasure of memories- in fact my daughters first ride was in that van, when she was not even a day old!
an ounce of prevention is waaay more than a pound of cure

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:30 pm

bradleygt wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:34 am
in 2007 i searched for someone to rebuild my camper's 2 liter hydro fi engine and found Boston Bob- his engine drove me and my family many miles, mostly into the mountains of new mexico- priceless treasure of memories- in fact my daughters first ride was in that van, when she was not even a day old!
You belong to a club of only two people I know of who took their newborns out on the road. Kudos.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles