Winter Digs . . . after the snow

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Winter Digs . . . after the snow

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:41 pm

The snow has come to settle awhile. Because there are clients who come to the house, the snow-clearing staff has to be up at the crack of eight am:

The fire must roused from its coals slumber with a quick ash kicking. I get one too, loading the hoop with firewood:

The cat demands to be let out immediately after breakfast, ponders the snow that will chill his tummy:

I shovel out to the parking area and get the trash and recyclables lined up while the coffee maker spits out a pot of Starbucks Verano:

As I warm by the fire and drink my coffee, I note that every view is art in this house:

But I am into design, and that is my day, explaining and drawing a particular design family that has held up through the years because its forms followed function far more loyally than its competition:

Nobody can compete with the Big Designer though. Look at this incredible example. It has been developed and refined over thousands of years, endless copies, yet is still eye-catching, thought-inspiring, and exquisitely beautiful to behold.

One last stoke of the fire, let the cat back in, get to work:

There is much to do, and yet, someone here just mentioned in big red letters, "only five months to Maupin". I'll be there, too.
Colin

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Reid
Getting Hooked!

Re: Winter Digs . . . after the snow

Post by Reid » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:45 pm

I can't wait for spring. I'm about to go bananas from stir crazy kids during this rainiest souther winter of my memory.

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:24 pm

that cat looks like it knows a thing or two about form vs function.....
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Reid wrote:I can't wait for spring. I'm about to go bananas from stir crazy kids during this rainiest souther winter of my memory.
Take 'em outside in the rain. Rain doesn't kill.
Colin

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:51 am

Amskeptic wrote: Image
Ahh I can see Colin now, next to the fire and waxing this little Bus with Mothers. And waxing the itty bitty Koni's too.

(All this after he has painstakingly painted every small detail on this Bus the correct color)
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:37 am

Sylvester wrote:
Amskeptic wrote: Image
Ahh I can see Colin now, next to the fire and waxing this little Bus with Mothers. And waxing the itty bitty Koni's too.

(All this after he has painstakingly painted every small detail on this Bus the correct color)
Well, you are correct. I have some butt sag to cure to get the wheels out from under the wheel wells a little more, and I have a serious b-pillar repair to do to get the sliding door to close fully. I might have to do a write-up.
How To Raise Your Rear Suspension:
a) remove two phillips screws under the car.
b) raise car off chassis
c) install two washers
d) reinstall two screws - torque to 7 in/lbs
:flower:
Colin

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

beautiful.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?