Cruel cruel summer

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Cruel cruel summer

Post by Sylvester » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:43 pm

This past summer I was a bit of an ass in my Bus. I was taking the boy to baseball practice, we had plenty of time but the family behind me in the BMW did not think so, and were mere inches from my rear bumper. Aside from bad drivers I detest type A hurry people in cars. Here is where it gets funny. Not letting them push me into going faster, I come up with a dastardly plan. Just in the park there is a very large speed bump. Knowing my Bus needs new shocks but can take such sudden vertical leaps better than any other vehicle, I ran the bump at near 30 miles per bone jarring hour. Well, not to me or the boy, but as I just clear the obstacle I make sure I watch in the rear view mirror what is about to happen. The BMW (I did not know I it was a woman or a man driving) stayed at my speed and hit the small hill at 30mph. In my mirror I saw a white cup of sorts fly in their windshield, and hands flail in space while the BMW slowed considerably and came to a stop. It was a mean thing to do I know, but I for one enjoyed it.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Xelmon
Sedna of VW lovers

Re: Cruel cruel summer

Post by Xelmon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Sylv... Think of the karma next time.

Although, I do have to say that it sounds like the driver deserved it.

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:55 pm

An excellent solution to a truly annoying problem. Total approval from the GWN. :cheers:
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Nice move !!! I wholeheartedly approve of such prankish behaviour :salute:
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:26 am

Xelmon wrote:Sylv... Think of the karma next time.
I know, but I did not think of that at the time. I am a bad driver when it comes to going with the flow. I never maneuver like a rice burner with a chip on their shoulder when I am in another car or a rental, but I am real critical in my opinion of others and this proves it.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:56 am

You never know, you may have saved their life that day or later on. Sometimes no-fun lessons are a blessing.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:53 am

Sylvester wrote:
Xelmon wrote:Sylv... Think of the karma next time.
I know, but I did not think of that at the time. I am a bad driver when it comes to going with the flow. I never maneuver like a rice burner with a chip on their shoulder when I am in another car or a rental, but I am real critical in my opinion of others and this proves it.
I think that was beautiful, tears come to my eyes, tears of mirth as I slowly replay the (hopefully coffee) cup flying up, the reproach of the pasenger "geeze, what's the matter with you?", and the stunned beat-down of the driver who only slowly begins to comprehend, after hours of sleeplessness, that he got punked by a VW bus . . . Perfect.
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:50 am

Sly's brilliant tactic even exceeds my response to a group of chatty teenagers in the seat row behind me at a movie. After repeated requests for quiet were ignored, I pulled out my electronic flash and popped 'em one over my shoulder, blinding them for a few seconds.

They moved. :cheers:
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:10 pm

LOL!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:13 pm

glasseye wrote:Sly's brilliant tactic even exceeds my response to a group of chatty teenagers in the seat row behind me at a movie. After repeated requests for quiet were ignored, I pulled out my electronic flash and popped 'em one over my shoulder, blinding them for a few seconds.

They moved. :cheers:
I am learning so much today.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:15 pm