Too Hot

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Re: Too Hot

Post by Randy in Maine » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Hippie wrote:107.0 F in the shade at my house today. I coulda picked a cooler weekend for a garage sale.
I believe hell is actually only 108º F and they say it is actually a dry heat. =D>
79 VW Bus

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:53 pm

:laughing3:

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:19 am

I was in West Virginia last week, right after the storms knocked out 85% of the state power. Some of that state still has no power, they were closing retirement homes and sending the elderly home with any relative they could find. It was weird driving through towns at night that had no lights, no stoplights, anything. Every hotel booked solid into neighboring states, I saw people in hotels that had no power, incredible. Heat was in the 100's, I went jogging and about had heat stroke, and I jog in Georgia! We went camping this past week in Stone Mountain Georgia, temps were 95 every day. We hiked to the top of the mountain even. I sweat like a hooker in church every day. Pretty hot here too, but nothing like the summer of 1993 in Alabama when it was 100 + every day for three months straight. No kidding, now that was very hot.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:01 am

Randy in Maine wrote:
Hippie wrote:107.0 F in the shade at my house today. I coulda picked a cooler weekend for a garage sale.
I believe hell is actually only 108º F and they say it is actually a dry heat. =D>
I was close when I was in India and it was 115F and humid like Suriname...Lately its been cool here, cloudy, 82F and some hard rains with a lovely breeze.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:06 am

Thankfully the temps have dropped here somewhat. It's crazy that the low 90's feel nice now. Hopefully we'll get some rain soon.
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

Reid
Getting Hooked!

Post by Reid » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:21 pm

Was it that hot in Alabama in 1993? I worked in a poorly ventilated shop. I guess that i was conditioned to it, because I don't remember that at all.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:20 am

Reid wrote:Was it that hot in Alabama in 1993? I worked in a poorly ventilated shop. I guess that i was conditioned to it, because I don't remember that at all.
Boy I do, I had just moved to Montgomery and had to put up a fence and a work shed that summer. I don't see it in any archives, but I remember it. Maybe there was a few days in the middle where it hit but being there was almost like being in Kuwait in the summer.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.