This thing still working??

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Mr Blotto
IAC Addict!

This thing still working??

Post by Mr Blotto » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:31 pm

Hey! Just wondering if this here website still works. Some of us OG IAC members used to spend HOURS per day on this site. Loved perusing with my morning coffee. Then I sold my bus and Facebook stole the show.

Anyhow, miss the good old days….even Turk 🤣🤣🤣
1978 Sage Green Westy - 2.0 FI - SOLD WITH 109887 miles :-(

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Re: This thing still working??

Post by SlowLane » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:39 am

So yeah, apparently it is. I just clicked on the bookmark while enjoying my morning coffee and there you are. Contemplating getting back into a bus, or waiting for the ID Buzz to be available? :blackeye:

Along with a couple of fresh posts by Colin himself! Does this raise the possibility of a 2023 lap of the country? I don't do facebook, or twitter, or insta, so I'm out of the loop on whatever is transpiring over there.
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett

JLT
Old School!

Post by JLT » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:29 am

Not only is the website still working, but it is still a far more efficient way of entering and storing data on what we know about VWs, what we've learned, and what we still need to find out. Until FB or some other platform has a logical organization that allows us to access specific issues, this website and the Samba will still be useful to us. And I've found that, as big as the Samba is, the signal-to-noise ratio is much higher on this one.
-- JLT
Sacramento CA

Present bus: '71 Dormobile Westie "George"
(sometimes towing a '65 Allstate single-wheel trailer)
Former buses: '61 17-window Deluxe "Pink Bus"
'70 Frankenwestie "Blunder Bus"
'71 Frankenwestie "Thunder Bus"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:20 pm

JLT wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:29 am
Not only is the website still working, but it is still a far more efficient way of entering and storing data on what we know about VWs, what we've learned, and what we still need to find out. Until FB or some other platform has a logical organization that allows us to access specific issues, this website and the Samba will still be useful to us. And I've found that, as big as the Samba is, the signal-to-noise ratio is much higher on this one.

I am so very sick of Facebook and its mysterious ability to p*** me off every single day. I hate it, but I am an attention whore who chases after likes, but every 48 hours, the feeds "forget" everything that was said or shared and it is like we are lab mice whose memories were surgically removed. I can post some "useful" tidbit, and a new person is asking about that very same thing three days later.

This place is a reference library with a card catalogue up front, and it is a resource. I will be returning to conduct the 2024 Itinerary, and I will supply some new technical information in the Technical forums. It would really help if I could figure out tasteful monetization schemes to allow me to survive.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles