any one deal with tire-easy.com?

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Re: any one deal with tire-easy.com?

Post by asiab3 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Tracking numbers are like watching gauges instead of the scenery. Your bus/shipment will get there.

(Also, most places that ship tires or other large items buy from other warehouses across the states and drop-ship items to avoid sending them all across the continent. The warehouse where your tires came from might have been down the street from the shop. Who knows?)
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 pm

asiab3 wrote:Tracking numbers are like watching gauges instead of the scenery. Your bus/shipment will get there.

(Also, most places that ship tires or other large items buy from other warehouses across the states and drop-ship items to avoid sending them all across the continent. The warehouse where your tires came from might have been down the street from the shop. Who knows?)
I work in the transportation/logistics industry so have more than a passing familiarity with tracking numbers and drop shipments. :flower: I was a little anxious b/c am traveling mon-thurs next week, and really wanted to get it done this weekend so I wouldn't have to cut into my camping time next friday.

WOW! What a difference! They replaced the fronts, and man, does it handle better, and ride better! It almost feels like I have power steering. The only thing that's a bummer is the tire is slightly taller than the old ones and now I can't get it in the garage without scraping :(. Think I'm going to see if i can't bend the lip up on the garage door to give me another 1/2 or so.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Xelmon
Sedna of VW lovers

Post by Xelmon » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:37 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:Think I'm going to see if i can't bend the lip up on the garage door to give me another 1/2 or so.
Do like Dtrumbo does!
1. Deflate tires
2. Drive in or back out vehicle
3. Reflate tires

bajaman72
Addicted!

Post by bajaman72 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:01 pm

I recently used Tire-Easy when purchasing tires for my Bus. Purchased 4 Goform G325 185R14C D/8PR and so far I am very happy with them. I have about 2000 miles on them so far.
1968 Karmann Ghia - Driver
1969 Transporter - Project
1959 Karmann Ghia - Full Race Car