Garage afternoon/evening - Portland

Fastback, Squareback, Notchback, T-3 Karmann Ghia.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

fancy pants
Old School!

Post by fancy pants » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:53 am

The correct size is 8mm - at least that's what I bought yesterday and it fit perfectly...

Hal helped me find a leak in the line from the center outlet on the fuel pump. Looked like it was still the original hose, which wasn't replaced because it was a pain in the a*& to get to the upper hose clamp. The hose itself had fused with the metal nipple.

And the water leak in the rear was due to me not reinstalling the ECU holder correctly. I never noticed there were 2 metal clasps on the bottom

:bounce:

Squeaky brake and noise from right front wheel looks to be related to a bad tie rod end. I need to replace all except for one of them, as well as the wheel bearings...

Looks like I've got some work ahead of me.

Thanks for your help, Hal!
John
76 Bus - Riviera
81 Mercedes 300TD
05 Golf TDI

Gone but not forgotten:
1972 Bus
1973 Squareback

We are not going to stick anything that dirty down in your hole - Colin, 6/30/2010

fancy pants
Old School!

Post by fancy pants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Apparently, the water leak is still not solved. ECU seems to be mounted correctly, but LOTS of water continues to accumulate under the mat over the rear deck. No apparent water on top of the deck. I do not believe it to be the rear hatch seal, because I always park it in my driveway with the rear of the car lower than the front.

Where the (*&( is this water coming from?!?!?!?
John
76 Bus - Riviera
81 Mercedes 300TD
05 Golf TDI

Gone but not forgotten:
1972 Bus
1973 Squareback

We are not going to stick anything that dirty down in your hole - Colin, 6/30/2010