Ghia Maybe

Beetle, Karmann Ghia, Thing.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Vdubtech
IAC Addict!

Post by Vdubtech » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:52 pm

56ovalbug wrote:I think the Ghia will take time and money away from your Westy. You are getting closer to getting the Westy ready for the road. Stay focused and you'll probably have it done by summer or by late summer - the best weather for camping!

You must stay F O C U S E D ! ! !

:-)
I just saw this thread and these were my thoughts all the way through...I was actually surprised someone hadn't pointed it out earlier.

Geno--it looks decent, but "needs a new fuse box" doesn't give me any good feelings--bondo in it, rusted pans, questionable engine, needs an ignition switch too? Sounds like all new wiring is in order at least. If it was a car that was driveable as is I would say jump on it, but this is nothing more than another project, and it looks like it could be a long one at that. I say no way--keep your eye on the prize, you're getting closer and closer to camping in that Westy with your family.....between VWBusRepairman and I at Dixie Bus....A new project is always much more exciting than the one you've been pouring your efforts into, you need something to relight the fire of that project. When you make it up here to weld that nose on my '79, take the orange and brown Bus out for a rip, that'll get you refocused!! :king:

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:38 pm

Vdubtech wrote:A new project is always much more exciting than the one you've been pouring your efforts into, you need something to relight the fire of that project.
It is so like our human relationships. A thing seen from afar is so much more attractive. Until you get drug through all the minutiae. Then it's less excitement and more work. And finding spare time.

gmag69
IAC Addict!

Post by gmag69 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Vdubtech wrote:
56ovalbug wrote:I think the Ghia will take time and money away from your Westy. You are getting closer to getting the Westy ready for the road. Stay focused and you'll probably have it done by summer or by late summer - the best weather for camping!

You must stay F O C U S E D ! ! !

:-)
I just saw this thread and these were my thoughts all the way through...I was actually surprised someone hadn't pointed it out earlier.

Geno--it looks decent, but "needs a new fuse box" doesn't give me any good feelings--bondo in it, rusted pans, questionable engine, needs an ignition switch too? Sounds like all new wiring is in order at least. If it was a car that was driveable as is I would say jump on it, but this is nothing more than another project, and it looks like it could be a long one at that. I say no way--keep your eye on the prize, you're getting closer and closer to camping in that Westy with your family.....between VWBusRepairman and I at Dixie Bus....A new project is always much more exciting than the one you've been pouring your efforts into, you need something to relight the fire of that project. When you make it up here to weld that nose on my '79, take the orange and brown Bus out for a rip, that'll get you refocused!! :king:
I hear ya. I guess I just like having to many irons in the fire at one time. I actually don't need another project right now. At least a big one that is. I still have my '69 GTO setting in the garage patiently waiting for me to finish it up. I'll take you up on the drive in the orange and brown bus too. I guess I'm just loosing steam on the Westy project. I wish there were people around here that were into this stuff. I think if I had someone here working on it with me it'd keep me focused on the prize at the end. :help:
Check out my Westy Resto thread. viewtopic.php?t=2063
bretski wrote:...oh, and we just bombed the moon.

VWBusrepairman
IAC Addict!

Post by VWBusrepairman » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:40 am

Vdubtech wrote:.....between VWBusRepairman and I at Dixie Bus....
not only does that sound pretty kinky, but I'm looking forward to it. I should have the web cam set up by then, so we can show them how the big boys do it!
1968-1979 VW bus sunroof consulting, type IV engine analysis, QA technical work

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:23 am

You gotta finish that Westy. Too much hooplah and good work into it already. Otherwise ya get IAC egg on yer face! :pirate: Besides it's getting tired of waiting to go camp.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

gmag69
IAC Addict!

Post by gmag69 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:09 am

hambone wrote:You gotta finish that Westy. Too much hooplah and good work into it already. Otherwise ya get IAC egg on yer face! :pirate: Besides it's getting tired of waiting to go camp.
lol. I'm tired of waiting too. It just isn't the same setting in the front yard with the top up. I hope to start again once the snow starts to melt. It is kinda hard to do anything with 3 feet of snow around it. :cry: Hope spring comes soon.

That Ghia is pending sale anyways so it'll be gone before I could get it. Maybe it's for the best. Need to keep an eye on the prize.
Check out my Westy Resto thread. viewtopic.php?t=2063
bretski wrote:...oh, and we just bombed the moon.